Someone save me

The pics help. She can def heal if you follow the advice given.

Man, I am so sorry things have been rough. There are times I feel like giving up, but I can't. And eventually things start humming along again. And I personally think the weather has a lot to do with all of this: the birds' boredom, the way maintenance gets 1000x harder when it's snowing/raining, our energy levels, etc.

To be clear: the ointment you use should NOT have pain-relieving medication in it.

Is the light on at night?
The medication is not pain relieving. It’s a healing salve. The lights are turned off at night. But she was beaten up during the day as she was fine for morning check but when I went out at lunch she was hurt

Thanks, that all helps. Do you know who hurt her?
Yes. My older hen. This hens mother actually. I got 4 rosecomb bantams 2 years ago from an old friend. Since then, one female broke her leg as it got caught in a cage that wasn’t properly fixed. I raised many chicks off my remaining hen and males. Then I was left with 2 males and a female, since then both males were re-homed. I wasn’t planning on keeping this female but I did anyway. I had my main breeding group that consisted of 4 pullets (2021 hatch) My pullets stopped laying. And I wanted chicks off my better male. So I moved the older female into the large group with the good male. And put another pullet in with my spare male (where my old hen was). Wrong decision. I did notice some bickering which was normal behaviour. Just getting the pecking order in place. 2 days went by and all hens stopped laying, I noticed a few missing feathers on the pullets but no blood or anything. Then on the third day I went out to find her like that, I immediately moved her seperate and put my groups back to how they were originally. The other 3 pullets together. The mean hen with a spare male.

Back
Top Bottom