Someone STOLE my ducklings!!

Guys I have one suspect
There’s this super creepy guy that asked about my ducks, dogs, pond etc. the day before three pekin ducks showed up at my pond. He told me he was thinking about getting some for his pond behind his house. During the call, he said my ducks come up to his yard all the time too. I’ve never seen them do that, but I said sorry. He said he liked that. He also said how my ducks go to the horse field next to me (thats correct)
So,
He must watch very closely- his house is facing my pond with the road separating us.
He may have noticed how I recently got three new ducks, so he took three ducks
He may have noticed how I moved these ducklings and decided to make a move on them.- so he stole some that night:
Theory: He’s a psycho. In the middle of the night, he could walked across the street (he lives across from me) and could only fit three in his cat carrier. He knew about the electric fence and how my huge guard dogs wouldn’t reach him. (He knew bc he called before and asked all sorts of questions on the call)

He may have thought it was funny and supposedly will return them(?)

Last edited:
That's awful!
Guys I have one suspect
There’s this super creepy guy that asked about my ducks, dogs, pond etc. the day before three pekin ducks showed up at my pond. He told me he was thinking about getting some for his pond behind his house. During the call, he said my ducks come up to his yard all the time too. I’ve never seen them do that, but I said sorry. He said he liked that. He also said how my ducks go to the horse field next to me (thats correct)
So,
He must watch very closely- his house is facing my pond with the road separating us.
He may have noticed how I moved these ducklings and decided to make a move on them.- so he stole some that night:
Theory: He’s a psycho. In the middle of the night, he could walked across the street (he lives across from me) and could only fit three in his cat carrier. He knew about the electric fence and how my huge guard dogs wouldn’t reach him. (He knew bc he called before and asked all sorts of questions on the call)

Are you going to confront him?

Guys I have one suspect
Theory:
He’s a psycho. In the middle of the night, he could walked across the street (he lives across from me) and could only fit three in his cat carrier. He knew about the electric fence and how my huge guard dogs wouldn’t reach him. (He knew bc he called before and asked all sorts of questions on the call)

Whatever happened, I would caution you against jumping to conclusions and accusing someone, especially someone you have to live near afterwards.
See if you can (safely) keep an eye on his pond, in case he really is holding them and may put them out later. Until you actually see your birds in someone's possession, you shouldn't confront them.
Also, this may sound like a nitpick but I think it's important to keep in mind, a real psychopath (psycho) is not only extremely rare, but has an absence of any empathy for others or themselves, and is not someone you would want to fight over poultry.
A sociopath lacks empathy for others but still feels it for themselves, and this condition is less rare but still not common.
Why does it matter? Casually branding someone with a serious psychological disorder allows one to "other" them, thus allowing a dismissal of their feelings and fair treatment.
This could lead up to an unnecessary fight with neighbors and diminish your family's reputation in the neighborhood.
I feel for you in the loss of your birds but I just wanted to caution you to be careful of letting your sincere distress turn into potentially misdirected anger.

Whatever happened, I would caution you against jumping to conclusions and accusing someone, especially someone you have to live near afterwards.
See if you can (safely) keep an eye on his pond, in case he really is holding them and may put them out later. Until you actually see your birds in someone's possession, you shouldn't confront them.
Also, this may sound like a nitpick but I think it's important to keep in mind, a real psychopath (psycho) is not only extremely rare, but has an absence of any empathy for others or themselves, and is not someone you would want to fight over poultry.
A sociopath lacks empathy for others but still feels it for themselves, and this condition is less rare but still not common.
Why does it matter? Casually branding someone with a serious psychological disorder allows one to "other" them, thus allowing a dismissal of their feelings and fair treatment.
This could lead up to an unnecessary fight with neighbors and diminish your family's reputation in the neighborhood.
I feel for you in the loss of your birds but I just wanted to caution you to be careful of letting your sincere distress turn into potentially misdirected anger.
Great advise.

Back
Top Bottom