Someone STOLE my photo!!! ANYONE SPEAK FRENCH?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Quote:Yeah, that was my first thought--oh crap!! What if they pretend to not understand?

Google gave me this, by the way...

S'il vous plaît arrêtez d'utiliser photo Mes. C'est la poule Cochin Golden lacets. C'est de mon troupeau. S'il vous plaît ne pas voler et cesser de l'utiliser! Merci!

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I learned this lesson this week also. Slugs steal pics. Do the watermark. I did.

3. Quote:[​IMG] ARRGHHH...it looks like I have to...and then I just hope this other person stops using MY picture!! I had this happen once a long time ago with some bearded dragons I had.

4. Quote:When you reverse the translation it reads "Please stop using my picture. This Golden Laced Cochin hen. It is my flock. Please do not steal and stop using it! Thank you!"

Sounds fine to me, but I've never studied French so I am not certain of their sentence structure. Worst case scenario it looks like an English speaker trying their best to communicate... which is what you are... so there ya go.

5. Quote:When you reverse the translation it reads "Please stop using my picture. This Golden Laced Cochin hen. It is my flock. Please do not steal and stop using it! Thank you!"

Sounds fine to me, but I've never studied French so I am not certain of their sentence structure. Worst case scenario it looks like an English speaker trying their best to communicate... which is what you are... so there ya go.

Thanks! Maybe I'll give it a go...and maybe with enough of my emails, they'll get the point! ARRGHHH!

6. Hopefully decency will rule... should they ask for any kind of proof send them the image/s with watermarks and mention she was a beloved pet that has now passed so someone using her hurts twice as much.

Is this a French company or an American one...do you know?

7. I think their website says Quebec??

8. Here is my ORIGINAL photo--before they STOLE it & cropped it (well, I just added a COPYRIGHT to it)!

You can see one of my Mille Fleur (project) roosters in the background...

[​IMG]

9. I'd go ahead and send that in French, then wait.

If they take it down, done and done.

Ask for proof, already posted my suggestion.

Be jerks... hold on, I'm googling...

Edit... according to Wikipedia's entry on Canadian Copyright Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_copyright_law
    there
    are specifics about photographs... whoever took the photo owns it... unless the work was contracted out, then whoever paid the photographer for it is the owner, but that's not your problem. You also happen to own the subject of the photo but let's stick to author of the photo, which gives you ownership of the photo for your lifetime plus 50 years. In plain black and white via Sections 10 of the Canadian Copyright Act and/or Section 6 of the Copyright Act.

So, if they get cranky let them know... According to the Canadian Copyright Act Sections 10 and/or 6 your use of my photograph is illegal.

ou en français...

Selon les sections canadiennes Copyright Act 10 et / ou 6 de votre utilisation de ma photo est illégal.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. Here are a few more photos, taken that same day (this was last spring, during my major coop remodel).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another photo of Beatrice & the same roo...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: