Someone stole my silkies!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by sutillman, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    im gonna go check my coop locks right now [​IMG]

2. sutillman

sutillman Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Getting a game cam today and also putting padlocks on everything. Although most of the people on our road have been broken into lately we have retired relatives on either side of us and they really keep an eye out for strangers, but this person is coming in the middle of the night. Am calling a local livestock auction also to see if they may have sold a pair on Sat. Who ever got them knew what they were getting because they didn't bother any of the other pens. Although they weren't very smart, I have a pen of Tolbunts right next to the buffs. Or they may have known they are rare and could be traced easier. They won't get a chance after today to get anything. I may never get my birds back, but they won't get another one of mine. I don't like knowing someone is around my house at night. I really don't want to leave lights on in the pens and mess up the hens laying. I have been upset all weekend, but now I'm really mad, and when I get mad I cry, so I'm at work in tears today. Thanks for all your support!

3. Im so sorry. Its disgusting.

I had a woman come here last year to get some ducks and she told me she had a large coop with about 30 layers in there and one moring she woke up, the door was unlocked and all the birds were gone. I don't understand what is wrong with people.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    This is sad. [​IMG] I hope you find this person and your silkies!

5. sutillman

sutillman Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I'm going to contact the breeder I got mine from today and see if she has anything. Am already missing Penelope and Buffy. They were just the perfect birds, great type, feathering, toe spacing and the sweetest most gentle birds I have. What's worse, she was my 10 year olds personal bird. All the others are everyone's, but she was just his. He is heartbroken.

6. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    so sorry! I hope the thief is caught, and tarred and feathered!!! I hope your son finds another special bird soon, [​IMG]

7. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    That is just so disgusting and wrong. It's scary that people would have no qualms about doing something like that! UGH!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bufforp89

bufforp89 Songster

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Thats why if anyone is going to be on my property I tell them I need to know the exact time that they are coming so that I can put up my 3 very large aggressive dogs that run day and night. They are even usually in the kennel by the birds so that everyone can get a good look at them in case they were planning on coming back to help themselves. Nevermind that the most you would have to worry about is having your skin licked off by them, a mastiff cross, shepard/rottie and chow mix are all pretty intimidating looking dogs. Get a tough looking dog lol and most of all padlock your remaining birds!

9. fishin-nole

fishin-nole Chirping

Feb 17, 2011
    You, may want to check the auction place in Climax and I think Cairo has and auction house too. Sorry for your loss.

10. sutillman

sutillman Songster

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I have a yorkie and a yorkie poo inside. Outside dogs aren't really on option for me. Neighbor eliminates any dogs coming in his yard. No pinecones are allowed to stay on their grass for more than thirty minute kind of folks. Magazine picture kind of yard. Love em to death, but an animal comes in their yard, be it a cat, squirrel, whatever and it's a dead zone. Just would be a potential problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: