Something funky on my chickens.. HELP!!!

Caddy-Corner-Chick

Songster
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Hernando, FL
I have owned pet chickens for years and have never had a problem until now.... My babies are 6 months old, they have a nice large chicken coop and a huge enclosed run. I noticed a couple weeks ago some black markings on a few of their combs, I thought maybe they scrapped them on the fence or something, but it is spreading on all the chickens... It starts black and then turns gray.

It is covering their combs their eyes
sad.png

I have no idea what it is or what to do ..... Am I going to have to put them all down???

One of their combs looks all deformed and has turned all gray I am so upset!

Yes they came from Ideal but all were healthy until now. I have cochins on the property too but they have no signs of it. Just the one's that share this one coop and run.

Don 't worry too much if it is avian pox. Avian pox looks bad, but isn't that big of a deal unless it's wet pox. Spread by mosquitos, wild birds, etc it will heal and be gone in about 3-5 weeks. I had a bad mosquito problem this summer and my whole flock came down with it. Good news is, once they get it, they will never get it again
smile.png
Should you get new chickens in the future, you can buy a vaccine to give them and it's pretty cheap
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom