Something got in and killed my Guineas: Fortification Material post 20

Deb,

I was so sorry to read about your guineas. I know you've taken such good care of them and thought you did everything to keep them safe. This time of year is especially bad with predators having babies to feed and our lack of water. My computer had a horrible virus so I didn't find out until last night.

We've had an especially bad time lately. Something got our favorite cat and we hadn't lost a cat in eight years. We have ducks and chickens that have set outside on nests for years and this year they just can't do it. Something was picking them off relentlessly.

I hope you've gotten it under control (our worst for caged ducks and geese was a weasel that had dug under). The good news is you should have tons of babies next year. It will get better!!

Deb,

Hope today is better than yesterday. life can be trying.

When you think you are on top, you get kicked in the teeth. happens to all of us.

Keep your head up.

Quote:
Thanks Leon and a belated welcome to BYC. I delivered the cage material up to the house today.... crossed fingers I think I might have sealed the breach.... The wire was over five hundred pounds so I was all done in once it was off the truck. Some of that stuff is rougher than I remembered. No problems... I will just use it for a skirt.

I need to go up there and live for about two weeks to get the bulk of the poultry house built.

Back
Top Bottom