Something wrong with my chicken

Your descriptions are of more value than your photos. Let's see if we can get you to describe this in more detail.

Is this red thing filling his entire mouth? Can you try to open his beak wide and see what it looks like inside the mouth?

Is the chicken behaving like he's sick and doesn't feel well, is in pain?
Yes the red thing is filling its whole mouth and he is behaving like is sick he doesn't move much either.

Was he completely normal yesterday? Did this just happen suddenly? If this was sudden, it may be a prolapse of the esophagus.

Let's assess this. With this "thing" filling his mouth, he can't eat or drink. Not being able to eat and drink are basic to life. He will die unless he can eat and drink.

Therefore, you need to open his beak as wide as you can, and if it hurts him, that will just need to happen in order to try to help him.

If this is a prolapse of the esophagus, then you may be able to push it back down his throat. If you aren't willing to try to do this, you cannot help your rooster and he will die. If you want to save your rooster's life, you will need to have courage to try this.

You have no vet to do this for your rooster, so you are it. Time to be brave so you can try to help your rooster.

He had something at the side of his mouth yesterday it looked like its esophagus but then he swallowed it back.

It does sound like his esophagus has prolapsed. That means he may have a very serious crop issue that is pushing it out. Feel his crop. Is it very large and full and hard? Do you know what he was eating yesterday? Try to feel the crop with your finger tips and try to feel what might be in there.

This may require cutting the crop open to relieve it of the contents so the esophagus will go back down. I can talk you through it if we decide this is necessary.

It does sound like his esophagus has prolapsed. That means he may have a very serious crop issue that is pushing it out. Feel his crop. Is it very large and full and hard? Do you know what he was eating yesterday? Try to feel the crop with your finger tips and try to feel what might be in there.

This may require cutting the crop open to relieve it of the contents so the esophagus will go back down. I can talk you through it if we decide this is necessary.
he has no food in his crop

Back
Top Bottom