Lothiriel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Aug 30, 2007
New York State
My Coop
My Coop
... I feel like writing an open letter to hatcheries to complain about the fact that they basically lie to their customers by selling "Ameraucanas" and "Araucanas" when really, whether you like it or not, they are "just" Easter Eggers.
rant.gif

... I feel like writing an open letter to hatcheries to complain about the fact that they basically lie to their customers by selling "Ameraucanas" and "Araucanas" when really, whether you like it or not, they are "just" Easter Eggers.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Sooo true. Then the poor unsuspecting folks come on HERE and say,.. "See my pretty Ameraucana?"....
And then they get attacked.. :lol:

You can write one to Coastal Farm Store I was there today looking at chicks and they were labeled Ameraucanas that lay green and pink eggs. I am like Oh no they are not.
somad.gif

rant.gif

You can write one to Coastal Farm Store I was there today looking at chicks and they were labeled Ameraucanas that lay green and pink eggs. I am like Oh no they are not.
somad.gif

Quote: Well see, it's not exactly the farm store's fault. They purchase their chicks from the hatcheries, and label them what the hatcheries say they are. The farms stores can't really, truly be blamed because they (more than likely) have no clue.

Not this again...

Quote:

None of the hatcheries claim show quality or to even breed to any standard. Hatcheries are breeding for production. Always have.

The blue egg breeders are the only group that seems to throw a fit about this. But then, they are the only group that treats people that dirt for owning a bird that is not show quality an tells them they have to call it a different name.

Not this again...

Quote:
None of the hatcheries claim show quality or to even breed to any standard. Hatcheries are breeding for production. Always have.

The blue egg breeders are the only group that seems to throw a fit about this. But then, they are the only group that treats people that dirt for owning a bird that is not show quality an tells them they have to call it a different name.
Yes, hatcheries breed for production. But if they are Araucanas or Ameraucanas (which are two separate breeds, but hatcheries sell them as one and the same), they should at least somewhat resemble something that looks like the breed's SOP.

Araucana:

If they are eastereggers shouldn't they be labeled as such?

My point exactly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom