Sams Memory Lane
13 Years
Jun 28, 2010
Malone Ny
arrgg I could just scream right now!!!
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
just got home to put the chickens in their coop and I was gone not much more then a half hour and when I got back two of my chickens are missing..
rant.gif
my mutt roo and my new Americana hen are gone!!
I am about ready to give up on this venture and try again next year.. between my neighbors dog killing them and the coop being close to the woods I am at my wits end
he.gif

and to top it off while I was looking for them someone called me on my cell phone and asked if I still had the chickens to give away..when I told her they are all gone she then proceeded to ask if my mom or dad is home..I mean come on!! I know I am only 27 but to sound young enough to get this treatment from a stranger..arrgg!! I looked up the # and they live less then 11 minutes from me..not sure what to think of that.. hmm
idunno.gif

Some people's voices sound young even when they are old; and others sound old even when they are young. Some men sound like women and some women sound like men. Until (hopefully never) we all have video phones like on the Jetson's, we never know for sure who we're talking to when we speak to someone we do not know.

Quote:
The neighbor's dog should NOT be running loose, no argument there. But, you know the dog runs loose and that you have predators in the woods nearby? You need a Fort Knox run and coop.

I understand about the voice thing. Mine is so deep I get called "Mr. XXXXXXXX" all the time. And then DH gets on the phone, and his voice is even deeper than mine!
lol.png

BTW, "only 27" means a mature person to me! Try modulating a bit lower?

I understand the voice thing for sure....I always get "Hello Mr. XXX" and I say "No Mrs." I just gave up and say "Yes what can I do for you?"

With the dogs and the woods, you are going to have to beef up security without a doubt. Free range only when supervised and the remainder have them in a secure run.

I am sorry about your missing birds.
sad.png

One other thing, if anyone asks again to speak to your parents, tell them they will have to call their home to reach them; that they won't be visiting yours until ...

Good news!! they both were back this morning
ya.gif
not sure where they were..maybe he took her on a date since she is new?
wink.png

I took a call once and the caller said, 'Is your MOMMY at home?' I was forty five. I pressed him, and he said, 'but you sound like Minnie Mouse'.

So, it really does happen a lot. I know you are having a bad day though. Can you fortify your coop? We are building ours like Ft. Knox. I keep thinking of new things, such as we raised it up off the ground, but it also has very sturdy wire enclosing the entier underside of it!

Quote:
My 30 year old daughter went to meet her kids getting off the bus. The driver informed her she needed to tell her mom that her little brother had been bad on the bus. She came in fuming. Til she thought about it. Forgot all about grandsons behavior.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom