Soooooo hot out- complain HERE!

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
It's already 87* and the heat index will hit 115* today, with a dewpoint in the 70s.

Really?!?! 3 more days of this before we get a break?

*REALLY!?!??*

I found cantaloupes for 50 cents at the dreaded Wal store a couple of weeks ago and bought 10, cut them in half and put them in the deep freeze. Time to break them out!!

The heat index last week was somewhere around 123. I had family in, so we were outside for the majority of each day.
th.gif

... On the bright side, I'm on a lake. So we were on the water the whole time.
12.gif

I can't stand this heat and dry summer we've had. I hope we get a nice fall but I doubt it they way it's going. We've had close to six weeks of 90 degree - no rain! We get teased constantly with clouds but no moisture, everthing is turning brown and dusty.
sad.png
I'm dying for a big bad thunderstorm and lots of constant rain for a day or two. That would make me happy for a while.

Today: Cloudy, grey, muggy & hot. Been that way for too long! This summer has been very extreme - Russia's wildfires, China & Pakistan flooding, USA cooking
barnie.gif

I sympathize with the rest of the US. I was born and raised in Southern Cali and had enough of the heat so moved to Western Washington State 18 years ago. Although I am just as tired of the rain here as I was the heat in Cali the rain has the added benefit of having trees, green grass and WATER. The water in Cali was rationed and you were fined if you went over your quota.

Can't imagine the heat everyone else is experiencing. Can't figure out why our summer is just the opposite. It has been a cool cloudy summer so far. Havn't seen much sun or warm days. Been around 75 mostly and thats the high it reaches by afternoon for about 5 minutes then starts to cool off again! Finally supposed to be sunny and 80 by the weekend. But feels like fall already and the horses are already losing their summer coats. I know after experiencing the prolonged miserable heat you've had our weather sounds great but I'm sick of it. Maybe we will have at least August for some summer weather. Still, I don't envy the rest of the country with the heat. Hang in there, Fall is on the way and hope everyones chickens are fairing well in it all.

Right now, I wouldn't mind some heat, so send some my way! It's been in the upper 50's for the last couple weeks right on the coast, but in the 100's a few miles inland.

Quote:
OK - I'm sending heat waves your way! Are you in CA? A lot of people on the west coast complaining of cold. Is that a Pom in your avatar? I have one of those! She'll be 15 this September. Poor old girl, doesn't hear anymore, when I walk into a room and she sees me she gets up and starts walking in front of me at the top speed of 1 mile per hour - I practically trip over her! Just like those old folks in the grocery store, walk in with their cart and stop!
he.gif

I think we have had 1, yes 1, day with a high UNDER 90F since mid-June. This is the longest prolonged HOT summer I can remember. Supposed to be 99F today plus the humidity (heat index of 115+) and the next 10 days all are forecast to be above 90....oh, I soooooo hate summer!

Back
Top Bottom