Soooooo hot out- complain HERE!

The heat index is 102 right now and the actual air temperature is supposed to go up another 10 degrees. Hotter than hell's backdoor, but it is still cooler than last summer. Last summer we had 67 days of over 100 degrees. I hate the heat, at it still makes me mad that after labor day we still have about 6 weeks before the first cool front. This time of year I hate Texas, in February I feel much different.

Last edited:
OMG!!!! I am so tired of this dang heat
smile.png
I know back in January when we were getting unexpected snows and freezing temps I was begging for summer!!! I promise NEVER do that again!!!! I LOVE Arkansas but I HATE the humidity! It is the humidity that gets me the most! Our current temp is 94 but heat index is 109 and its only 12:40! ARGH!!! I need to hang dry clothes but instead we are headed to the laundry mat it's too humid for my clothes to dry so dragging kids along!!! We haven't been able to play for long outside in days it's been too hot. We live on the lake but its more like a swamp I soooo wish I was brave enough to go jump in to cool off but I have a silly fear of alligators
smile.png
Done with my rant!!! I love summer but hate the really hot hot days!!! Hope everyone is staying cool!!!
tongue.png

Quote:
ME, TOO!!! Heat to last until THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
th.gif

(EweSheep and Ducks4you live about an hour from each other, if you didn't know.)

Horses are drinking lots, loafing in the shade a lot, and standing where there is a breeze...a lot.
Chicken's run has lots of shade. My birds have a 5 gallon automatic waterer, and an extra water bowl.
Dogs and cats are laying in the basement on the cement and trying NOT to move.
I sweat just STANDING STILL OUTSIDE!!!!! You'd THINK that my beautiful, huge Roma and Beefsteak tomatoes would turn RED with this heat, but they're in protest!!! The ONLY plants that like it are the Okra and the Peppers.
My topsoil under the lawn is cracking, like a piecrust.
What a blessing to have working AC at the office!!!
roll.png

Last edited:
I'm in Ga too. Ugh this heat. And to top it off I'm 20 weeks pregnant and work in an non-airconditioned area of the building. I have to go up and down the stairs all day and upstairs we have 2 washers that hold a couple hundred gallons of water each and they are heated with steam to 150degrees. And some days we have to be upstairs for over an hour at a time. Did I mention we have to wear pants too. I'm ready for fall.

Mind if I join you in complaining about the heat? 86 degrees, and feels like 91, 58% humidity..........GRRRRRR.....With this weather, I run outside quickly, water and feed the ladies, maybe rake the run real quick, and back in the house. I really don't like to get so sweaty all my clothes are soaked....right down to the undies......and to think I was only outside for about 20 minutes......

Oh, I am SO READY for fall! And even winter at this point!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom