Soooooo hot out- complain HERE!

I'm in Michigan. ANYTHING above 80 degrees is hot for us. So these upper 80s are just killing us. I don't understand how you southerners can tolerate these 90+ degree days.

You are all invited to Imp's house, but bring a sweater, it's chilly at night.
Inside you'll be OK, the furnace is still kicking on.
roll.png

Imp
13.gif

tomorrow is supposed to be 92... the heat index is gonna be 100 at is height. Its is gonna be HOT and I get to have football pratice in the heat. it is supposed to be 97 at football.

Last edited:
OMG - I was just outside walking my dog and this INCREDIBLE breeze blew in from nowhere (OK so there is another thunderstorm rolling in)

I literally just stopped in the street, closed my eyes and let it blow over me. It was heavenly! Too bad I can see the lightening in the distance and we don't need no more rain
tongue.gif

I'm praying for rain! The ground is dead, the grass is dead, the trees are dying, the cement is giving up and turning to powder, and we're all watering our foundations to keep the gap between the cement and the dirt less than 8".

Rain, please!!! Holy frijoles.....

Last edited:
Here in Minnesota we're just not supposed to get this warm . . . heat indexes well over 100', reg. temps in the high 90's . . . record breaking temps are 94' . . . we'll break it tomorrow, and along with that temp, there's supposed to be 70 or more % humidity.

I worry about the chickens. They have plenty of shade and water (and they get frozen 20oz bottles of water daily) and wet dirt to lie in, but I don't know how long they will last. The heat wave is supposed to break in a couple of days, but I don't know. I worry.

The dogs don't like it, the cats don't like it, the people don't like it -- the cops have never been so busy busting up fights and domestic calls that stem from people's frustration and irritability due to the heat. 'Bout the only things that are enjoying the heat/humid combo over here are my peppers and my beans!

Now, I grew up on the desert side of San Diego and spent most of the month of July in Las Vegas once and I enjoy the dry desert heat. My body handles it very well and I don't have nearly as many problems with my asthma and so on.

It's the humidity that kills me. Seriously, it could be 105 in the desert and I'm happy as a lark, but give me 75' here in MN with 93% humidity (like it is right now) and I can't breathe and get unbearably sweaty and migraines and cranky . . . not fun.

Though, I am not wishing for winter. The severe cold up here is worse than the heat and affects my asthma more profoundly. I do become disabled in wintertime due to my asthma, and I don't really even in heat like it is right now.

Whitewater (I worry more about my animals, who depend on me to keep them safe and healthy)

Its been so hot this year that you cant even think. Whats bad to me is when Im at home I am mostly outside doing chores but when I go to work the A/c in there kills me I freeze. We only have A/C in one room in our house that is in the living room rest just has fans. And mainly forthe dogs or when it gets too bad to go in and cool off for a few. The heat here hits you like a brick wall cant hardly breath after being inside at work then walking outside

Back
Top Bottom