Sorry But I've Seen Something And It Really Bothers Me

Quote:
me too!
as far as algae in the water . . . mine regularly drink out of dirty puddles, algae filled ponds, old buckets, old tires, puddles in the compost pile . . . they pull worms straight out of manure like candy

they pull worms straight out of manure like candy

Mmmm, chocolate covered worms.
droolin.gif

algae is one thing, they will eat the hair looking stuff if you rip it out. I don't like the junk that they kick into there waterers yuck
sickbyc.gif
so I just fling it out one or twice a day. now when it comes to getting algae out a handful of dry leavs or straw works good.

cool & clean is always best

Quote:
me too!
as far as algae in the water . . . mine regularly drink out of dirty puddles, algae filled ponds, old buckets, old tires, puddles in the compost pile . . . they pull worms straight out of manure like candy

gig.gif
I dump the water buckets out each evening, if they're not frozen. the chickens and ducks come running to chase the water and dabble in the mud.
Dirty waterer
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
this isn't the Ritz!

Quote:
I don't know why that is mainly what seems to be available. Those galvanized containers go bad fast. I have a tiny flock of four, and use a wall-mounted plastic baby pig waterer. It's easy to clean and, mounted high, it stays fairly clean. They're messy, though. Somedays they manage to filthy it up anyway.

i got a cheap little $4 brush (like used for washing dishes) and scrub waterers after every few refills. i use plastic 1 gallon waterers, they are easy to clean! and hard for the chickens to mess (other than getting some dirt from the run in them)!

Back
Top Bottom