Sorry, I just gotta vent! Building frustration thread.

You can do it. I did mine without help and it did take me almost 3 weeks (3 kids at home) I was able to complete it and very pleased with how it turned out. I am not a carpenter either. I relied on YouTube tutorials for the roof and the external nest box:)

Looks like you are doing a fair job of it by yourself. With that said why not hold off on finishing it until the MIL has had enough of living with livestock and moves? :)

If it makes you feel any better, I've been harassing my husband for help in building my duck pen for the last 3 months. So far, we only have the structure up, but I've gotten things done to a point where I can do almost everything else myself.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been harassing my husband for help in building my duck pen for the last 3 months. So far, we only have the structure up, but I've gotten things done to a point where I can do almost everything else myself.

Tell the MIL the more she helps YOU build the coop the sooner the chicks will be out of the house!

Reverse negative motivation at it's best! Almost as good as the passive-aggressive approach. :)

Wooo, been busy and began building it right after you folks heard the vent. Here are some pic by pic and updated photos of the progress I made! From last post to until just today. :) Still not done but still very close, I kept adding this and that and so on. I still have to finish up the out side run.

Early phase.

More to come, as I have made more improvements. Thanks all again!

@andreanar Oh man yes I have experienced my own frustration , hence the title of the post, and man has it been stressful at times but of course with the help of BYC, Google and YouTube...I over came the obstacle and became confident in my skill, even if it's novice. A little, I must do this! and motivation can go a long way. I knew nothing about coop building or even building at all when I began this project and it just seemed that their was NO ONE to help! I really used and borrowed other people's plans on this website along with asking alot of building questions from people who have been their. This really seemed to help me along with the mental picture of what I really wanted. I designed this coop to house around 16 birds but now that I have built it and used a really larger run than I needed I am able to house more, what a great surprise! I hope you nothing but good luck and you'll be happy you went it alone, trust me!

Back
Top Bottom