SOS MY GEESE ARE BEING BRATS😂

No they free range. They only get locked up at night since we live in the woods. The last 3 nights they kinda just hang around the pond and in the wood line. They have never done this. And it did just recently warm up and their pond is finally ice free so maybe its just that they do like being out at night when the weather is nice. I just worry bc predators are bad out here at night. Its been awhile since we've had one but I dont wanna risk them getting killed or hurt.
Do you have water provided inside coop for them?

They may not like being in coop at night but it’s for their own safety. I have hard time sometimes getting them in in evening. Harder if it’s dark. I think rule of thumb is get them settled an hour before sundown. I agree they might have a nest somewhere or maybe there’s something in coop that’s bothering them like a rodent like someone mentioned or something inside their coop is unfamiliar to them such as a crate or whatnot.
Yeah I'm not sure. The coop set up is the exact same as its always been they've been with the same birds. Nothings changed except my hens started laying again so there's eggs in the nest boxes every day but I dont think thatd cause them to not wanna go in at night. Theyre usually the first ones in at night. Im going to go out on my lunch break and see if I can find a nest. Bc im chalking it up to either they have a nest or they're really enjoying the nicer weather and being in their pond

I wonder if a raccoons or other predator paid the coop a visit? If they heard it running around on the roof it may have scared them and that’s why they don’t want to go back in.
Though if that’s the case that’s an extra reason they should be in the coop.

I wonder if a raccoons or other predator paid the coop a visit? If they heard it running around on the roof it may have scared them and that’s why they don’t want to go back in.
Though if that’s the case that’s an extra reason they should be in the coop.
Just a update** so Steve and Gloria were giving me a hard time going in bc I guess the pond makes for a more romantic spot to do the deed😂. She laid a egg in the coop today. Steves real protective of her and the egg but they went in tonight, I didn't have to chase them, they were the first ones in. So im glad I got that figured out. Any tips on what to do about a real protective daddy goose? Lol hes been giving my rooster a run for his money all day today 😂😂

Just a update** so Steve and Gloria were giving me a hard time going in bc I guess the pond makes for a more romantic spot to do the deed😂. She laid a egg in the coop today. Steves real protective of her and the egg but they went in tonight, I didn't have to chase them, they were the first ones in. So im glad I got that figured out. Any tips on what to do about a real protective daddy goose? Lol hes been giving my rooster a run for his money all day today 😂😂
You might have to get new accommodations for the chickens or geese. Hormonal geese can kill other birds if the others aren’t able to get away.

Back
Top Bottom