Sour crop and treatment?

But i'm scared about different ingredients etc. Won't starch in soaked wheat feed the yeast?
Well there's starch in corn too right?

I'm not sure what you want to do....you can't withhold feed forever.

The reason I'm suggesting soaking the food is so it's easier to process. Her crop issue is very likely a symptom of the reproductive problem she has. Like mentioned previously, most of the time (100% of the time in my personal experience) there is an underlying condition that is causing the crop to slow and not empty properly.

Well there's starch in corn too right?

I'm not sure what you want to do....you can't withhold feed forever.

The reason I'm suggesting soaking the food is so it's easier to process. Her crop issue is very likely a symptom of the reproductive problem she has. Like mentioned previously, most of the time (100% of the time in my personal experience) there is an underlying condition that is causing the crop to slow and not empty properly.
Yeah, but we wanted to kill the yeast. I'll soak some wheat overnight and give her tomorrow.

and when should i stop giving her nystatin and let her out? What if she won't get better?Maybe for an addition to wheat aand egg i could give her some cooked and mashed veggie like celery root or turnip?

:goodpost: I agree. In all my years of owning poultry, any time there has been a crop problem, it's always been from something reproductive, cancer, bacterial, or intestinal.

Yeah, but we wanted to kill the yeast. I'll soak some wheat overnight and give her tomorrow.
and when should i stop giving her nystatin and let her out? What if she won't get better?Maybe for an addition to wheat aand egg i could give her some cooked and mashed veggie like celery root or turnip?
I understand you are wanting to treat the yeast - the crop is sour because it's not emptying - therefore the food is "fermenting" in the crop and digestive system.

Nystatin as linked and discussed previously is given 2X a day for 7 days.

I would continue with the treatment, but it's up to you whether to let her out or not. She's got some reproductive problems - the photo of that wrapped up egg membrane/lash egg material indicates that. For me, I let my birds with the others unless I just have to isolate them for a short period of time, but I do continue with treatment.

I understand you are wanting to treat the yeast - the crop is sour because it's not emptying - therefore the food is "fermenting" in the crop and digestive system.

Nystatin as linked and discussed previously is given 2X a day for 7 days.

I would continue with the treatment, but it's up to you whether to let her out or not. She's got some reproductive problems - the photo of that wrapped up egg membrane/lash egg material indicates that. For me, I let my birds with the others unless I just have to isolate them for a short period of time, but I do continue with treatment.
She'd eat a lot of wheat probably when with other hens :/ if nothing helps i'll probably let her out

@Wyorp Rock her comb has been falling a little bit but today i noticed it started turning purple, just like in my old hens that were close to dying :( :( . She isn't laying anymore, is eating less (she was the fattest, now she islike other hens). If she is about to die i let her out in order to make her die happily with other hens. :(:( I didn't even forcefeed her with nystatin today

@Wyorp Rock her comb has been falling a little bit but today i noticed it started turning purple, just like in my old hens that were close to dying :( :( . She isn't laying anymore, is eating less (she was the fattest, now she islike other hens). If she is about to die i let her out in order to make her die happily with other hens. :(:( I didn't even forcefeed her with nystatin today
I'm sorry to hear she's not doing any better.

I agree, let her out with the others. You have done a good job trying to help her :hugs

Either my vision was bad because of waking up early and bad light in the coop, or her comb really was purplish and then became normal? To my surprise her crop today was almost flat, no food, a bit of liquid but there was barely any! She ate whole lot of scratch and wheat i think. Maybe it somehow pushed the impaction? I'll keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom