Sour Crop

Awilshusen

Hatching
Aug 1, 2023
Hello

Had 5 3 month old chicks and 2 have died- 2 more have a mild case from sour crop out of no where.

Is it normal to spread through a whole coup and i have massaged the crops and brought it down - deep cleaned their pen and water and food and started anti fungal today.

Are you certain it is sour crop? What are all of the symptoms? What are you feeding? They are still young, and some illnesses such as coccidiosis can make the crop slow to empty. Are you providing grit for them to take as needed? And what are the poops looking like?

Are you certain it is sour crop? What are all of the symptoms? What are you feeding? They are still young, and some illnesses such as coccidiosis can make the crop slow to empty. Are you providing grit for them to take as needed? And what are the poops looking like?
It is a very sour smelling when it comes out looks just like the videos online - its all food coming up and its a swollen bag on the front when its a bad case which killed the first 2.

First symptoms where no eating. We have older chickens in the same coup no symptoms at all but they are seprated in 2 different coups.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_195527_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_195527_Facebook.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 5
Update they are just now not eating no sour crop/ swelling detected , poop seems normal , all are really tired - I am calling a vet but at a loss of what i did wrong , our older chickens are completely fine .

does anyone know how to cure sour crop, i have a chicken very special to my sister which i suspect has sour crop. She is unwell and has been vomiting a yellowy brown liquid with a terrible oudour. I need help!

Back
Top Bottom