Sourland in trouble

Redhen, if a lady calls be 'terrible' I will do my best to prove her right.
big_smile.png
Oh, my, thai, how accommodating of you!

But for some reason, I'm hearing this tune playing in my mind:

Ya had to be there. While cleaning the cellar, I found a dead garter snake caught in an insect 'sticky trap'. (Felt bad about that.) Put the sticky trap and snake in the upstairs kitchen garbage - stickyside down. The Princess came back from Sonic with a strawberry milkshake for me.
droolin.gif
They put this yucky fake whipped cream on top of the shake, and I was scraping it into the garbage. Princess was 'adjusting garbage' so that none got on the lid when inadvertantly the sticky trap attached to her hand. Sourland says, "Umm, you know there's a snake attached to your hand, right?" She called me a very bad name inappropriate for this forum, somehow flung the sticky trap off her hand and bolted into the dining room. Sourland went,
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
. She's mad at me now. Did I do something wrong?
sad.png
Just timing
hu.gif

Thaiturkey is trying to be a bad influence - I'm easily influenced. Circusman and I went to a field trial today - cooling off period for her. I think that all is well on the homefront.
love.gif

Redhen, did not!
tongue.gif

I am so glad that I have company in the boat of life. Sourland has given me insight to that my DW isn't unique,Thank you. Although these days it seems more like a roller coaster with high peaks and deep valleys as we both enter into the fall of our lives. The bumper cars were more fun. One of these days I might actually be right but not sure how that feels anymore and if it even is possible.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Excellent thread. I am most amused. Never been married long enough to develop those special signals, so this is quite interesting. Additionally, reading this has given me perhaps the only occasion involving snakes that made me laugh.

A lot.

I think that it was the hysterical laughing that got me in trouble more than the fact that I put a dead snake in the garbage can. C'mon, after all, who sticks their hand in the garbage can getting it stuck on a sticky trap? You just had to see her face.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

gryeyes, I got lucky!

Last edited:
Thaiturkey is trying to be a bad influence - I'm easily influenced. Circusman and I went to a field trial today - cooling off period for her. I think that all is well on the homefront.
love.gif

Redhen, did not!
tongue.gif

I'm glad that things have improved, Sourland. A few hours doing your own thing often takes the heat out of a tiff.

My posts were intended to lighten the gloom for you. Taking these things too seriously just keeps them going on too long. The best way to deal with them depends on the two people involved. When I'm wrong I apologise and give my wife a hug. When I don't think I'm wrong, I say so and keep smiling. Smiles are infectious and she comes around quite quickly. I don't buy gifts as an apology because that's a cop out and sets the wrong precedent. I might do something along those lines later, unconnected with the tiff.

Your hysterical laughter, though understandable, clearly didn't go down well with your wife who was probably coping with a panic attack as you rolled on the floor. The garbage bin wasn't the best place for the snake, was it? Try your wife's car instead next time.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom