Sourland in trouble

Pics
Oh man, I'd have so much fun with that thing!

I hung a fly strip on the front porch because a swarm of tiny flies was 'hanging out' there. Wiped out the flies and a bunch of insects attracted to the porch light so I just changed the strip. Threw the old sticky strip in the kitchen garbage. Should I warn the Princess?
idunno.gif

Nah!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Sour, you don't learn, hey?
smile.png

We had an interesting fly strip experience once. Also quite funny, though I wasn't laughing at the time. We put the used strips in the bin, put the bag out... I had 2 chicks running around that I was raising and they somehow discovered the fly strip. Yum, sticky flies
droolin.gif
One day we're sitting watching TV when we heard a chick scream. Not a nice sound! We have two doors leading outside, almost opposite each other and my DH and I each ran for a door, very nearly into each other! While we were trying to side-step each other the chick came storming inside, still screaming, with his sibling following close behind, looking worried. The screamer somehow managed to get the fly strip stuck under his wing and panicked when he couldn't get it off.
roll.png
Nearly gave me a bleeding heart attack!
Needless to say we were careful disposing of the strips after that incident!

Lol I remember how bad the flies were in the sand box when I was deployed..... We had a smoke shack that top had us build. It could seat 16 with bench seats running the lengthof it and a pick nick table in the middle. It was open on both ends with cammo netting as walls. Got a good mental pic? Good!
Now durring the summer the burn pit would just be over run with flies and the entire base was swarmed! We had flystrips sent to us from back home to help with this problem.
Day 1, 5 strips placed over the table before morning roll call. By lunch we had all 5 full!
This continued for a few weeks and as it continued the # of traps increased! By my leave date came along the # of traps was outragous! About 20 in a 8'x10' area. When I returned my platoon had been on a mission for a week or so and noone had changed out the full traps. Yea we now had a good supply of fresh dead flies and now..... fresh fly eggs and maggots eating the dead parrents!
Yea I left that alone as I didn't want to get maggot jizz all over my uniform....(girly man)
Lol my squad leader was a female E-6 and upon arrival I showed her a nice fat fly strip with all the trimmins! Yea I was smoked for an hr or so in the 130* heat!
Good times! Don't get me started on the fly trap at the mess hall! A gallon size bait bag that was changed 4x a YEAR! Smelled like a dead cow sittin in the sun for a week!

Back
Top Bottom