South Carolina

KrisH...that is neat if you got a pair...gives you breeding options or you can sell the roo! I have no trouble selling even the roos from any of my D'Uccles! But don't let Phoneman know...he is after my goldnecks now!! LOL

Walt...the swap sounds great but I am all out and next hatch hatches that weekend...I am regretting a hatch break right now =(

Joy...any news on the roo...hoping he is improved...poor guy

late in chicken season.. HA... hun... you will learn chicken math even with you just being alowed 4.. that chick season is all year round.. hahaha..  
 Im up here in laurens.. not sure who has BR for sale. surely we can find you someone close..   I have 2 br hens and a br roo. and they are great.. the girls are my little buddies in the yard..  you will be happy with them..
blessed be 
Pink 
oh and   :welcome

Hahahahahha. Oh boy, have I got a lot to learn! I know they lay all year, but some of t he breeder websites said they were sold out for 2012... Oy, I can't wait to get all the ins and outs! I know before it's all said and done I will end up with a mini-farm. :) I am going to start working on the big coop today. It's going to be a project, but should be fun. Will post some before and after pics eventually. Ooooh! I am so looking forward to the day we get to bring some home! :D

Thanks Pink!
Tricia

Welcome to all the new folks.

I don't get to post much on here anymore though I try to read and catch up when I can. This is the busy season! Well, really, since I hatch all year around it is always a busy season but with a large garden, my huge meal worm farm and egg sells through the roof I am run ragged.

I think I remember the days where I could actually pick up a fiction novel! Now the only reading I get done is my Devotional every morning. At least it is a Good Book!
wink.png

Joy, looks like bumble foot to me as I thought it looked like a spot for draining at the top of the swelling in one foot. My girls get into fire ants sometimes but it never looks like that. They squawk, stomp and the Guineas come running but I have never seen both feet like that. If she was scratching in a spot where she scraped both feet and got them infected then it could easily be bumble foot. I would not know what else to treat her for at this point. It looks terrible for her. Bless her heart.

I have been MIA for about two weeks I think .Hard to believe it, but life has been busy and has a time schedule all it's own, Lou Ann, who I own the chickens and whose yard they reside in, lost her husband to dementia/pneumonia on May 7. He had not been doing well for a few weeks, especially with the dementia, and the assisted living facility had already started changing his care plan since he had become really dependent on them for everything. When they noticed his behavior was just not right (and Lou Ann had also) they took him to the ER. The pneumonia was pretty bad and totally unexpected. No fever or cough. Even with two antibiotics, he passed away a few days later. It was expected, just now quite this soon. His service was a week ago and she will be back at work tomorrow.
We enlarged the chicken run yesterday We have a broody and I picked up some hatching eggs. Hopefully we will have some new chicks in another two weeks or so. The timing couldn't be more perfect for Lou Ann.
I will be back on here, I hope, as life finally gets back to normal and in some sort of routine again.

I have been MIA for about two weeks I think .Hard to believe it, but life has been busy and has a time schedule all it's own, Lou Ann, who I own the chickens and whose yard they reside in, lost her husband to dementia/pneumonia on May 7. He had not been doing well for a few weeks, especially with the dementia, and the assisted living facility had already started changing his care plan since he had become really dependent on them for everything. When they noticed his behavior was just not right (and Lou Ann had also) they took him to the ER. The pneumonia was pretty bad and totally unexpected. No fever or cough. Even with two antibiotics, he passed away a few days later. It was expected, just now quite this soon. His service was a week ago and she will be back at work tomorrow.
We enlarged the chicken run yesterday We have a broody and I picked up some hatching eggs. Hopefully we will have some new chicks in another two weeks or so. The timing couldn't be more perfect for Lou Ann.
I will be back on here, I hope, as life finally gets back to normal and in some sort of routine again.
So sorry to hear about her husband....

Back
Top Bottom