South Carolina

My girl is so happy. we hatched our first turkey ( 2 actually ) from the eggs found in a friends turkey pen. She has been wanting a " birdzilla " She also loves golf cart rides. but does not like the guineas. To her dismay the guineas came off the roost onto the golf cart top this morning. I think she is hoping they will stay there 1/2 way through a morning golf cart ride. I also have a feeling the guineas are cheaper to buy ( If a fella wanted some ) after I goto work LOL.
from those " puppyeyes " she is looking at this post with ,, I know it is true.. Please buy guineas from me when I'm home!.
I should have taken a video of them on the fire ant hill. I may make one yet. she will change her mind ( as she dosctors on all the ant bites ).

My girl is so happy. we hatched our first turkey ( 2 actually ) from the eggs found in a friends turkey pen. She has been wanting a " birdzilla " She also loves golf cart rides. but does not like the guineas. To her dismay the guineas came off the roost onto the golf cart top this morning. I think she is hoping they will stay there 1/2 way through a morning golf cart ride. I also have a feeling the guineas are cheaper to buy ( If a fella wanted some ) after I goto work LOL.
from those " puppyeyes " she is looking at this post with ,, I know it is true.. Please buy guineas from me when I'm home!.
I should have taken a video of them on the fire ant hill. I may make one yet. she will change her mind ( as she dosctors on all the ant bites ).
but they are nasty and fly EVERYWHERE so yes we have some for sale 1-864-429-9019 between 8am - 4:30 pm when he ain't home yet:) give me enough time to catch them up though:))

smack.gif
no wonder I go broke at work.

Guess the number of silkies
lau.gif

And some more dustbathing action from my assorted chicks . The little black one in the back sort of blends in lol

So I no longer have my 2 pekin ducks. They mauled and almost killed a month and a half old slw. I saw them chasing it around that morning before school, but I thought the chick would be smart enough to jump into a tree to avoid them. When I came home that afternoon, I found the chick, covered in huge mats of fly eggs, had a large area of muscle exposed on his neck, missing all of his back and neck feathers, and the both sides of his head was bloodied. I washed him with warm soapy water, and spent almost 3 hours trying to get all the fly eggs off. There were literally hundreds of thousands of eggs. They were all over the poor baby. Some feathers were so matted with eggs I had to pull them. After washing him up and drying him, we brought him inside the kitchen for the night. It's been 4 days now, and he is healing wonderfully and is back freeranging with his sister. Needless to say, the ducks are no longer alive now. I care about my chickens, and they were becoming almost like predators to them.

Cute Silkies.

Wow on the ducks. I have ducks and chickens that live together in a grow up pen and they get along fine. I also let my 30+ free range ducks out to roam with my 70+ laying flock and no troubles. Wonder what those Pekins were about? That was crazy! However, Pekin tastes good!

LOL Speaking of Guinea keets, I sold some on Friday but still have a few for sale. I have a few lavenders but mostly Pearls and Royal Purples.
I love, love, love mine! They are awesome! However, I had way too many growing up here.

I had someone come buy some from me Friday that raises Peafowl in all colors. He brought me a huge handful of different tail feathers, and he tried to convince me I needed some Peafowl. As much as I would love a pair....no, I am not getting any. However, he lives about 2 miles from me and we are going to go oooohhhh and awwww over his. LOL

Disclaimer: Feel free to skip over post. I need to vent!!

I'm angry with ppl whom call on a Saturday morning at 8am bc they just have to have a bird. Then, don't follow through!! Or the person who calls you on your lunch break, wastes 30 mins of your time, claims they will call you after work, then not. And what abt the e-mail leads that go dead? The email will read, "call me asap. I want a silkie really bad. Ill drive up there today." Im beginning to loose faith in ppl. Again, be considerate of others. I find my spare time limited, and valuable. So, please have respect for others. Serious replies only. Don't waste ppl's time. You are ruining it for me - arg

The end

**i feel better now.

Disclaimer: Feel free to skip over post. I need to vent!!
I'm angry with ppl whom call on a Saturday morning at 8am bc they just have to have a bird. Then, don't follow through!! Or the person who calls you on your lunch break, wastes 30 mins of your time, claims they will call you after work, then not. And what abt the e-mail leads that go dead? The email will read, "call me asap. I want a silkie really bad. Ill drive up there today." Im beginning to loose faith in ppl. Again, be considerate of others. I find my spare time limited, and valuable. So, please have respect for others. Serious replies only. Don't waste ppl's time. You are ruining it for me - arg
The end
**i feel better now.
I fully understand where you are coming from and agree!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom