South Carolina

I had a wonderful visit with Tracie and Sam.   Sam, Tracie's son and I got a little wet but enjoyed  talking chickens.  
We had a lovely time playing in the rain! Your coop is AMAZING Mary! Really fabulous and it was fun to see your birds. Anyway my 3 new birds are with their new friends. All seems good! Thanks for having us!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Feel free to skip over post. I need to vent!!
I'm angry with ppl whom call on a Saturday morning at 8am bc they just have to have a bird. Then, don't follow through!! Or the person who calls you on your lunch break, wastes 30 mins of your time, claims they will call you after work, then not. And what abt the e-mail leads that go dead? The email will read, "call me asap. I want a silkie really bad. Ill drive up there today." Im beginning to loose faith in ppl. Again, be considerate of others. I find my spare time limited, and valuable. So, please have respect for others. Serious replies only. Don't waste ppl's time. You are ruining it for me - arg
The end
**i feel better now.
This is only reason I don't answer the phone anymore. People just wanted to call and talk all day about chickens. Not that I don't like that, but I don't really have time. I answer emails promptly though. I think we've all dealt with the people who must come and then don't. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often!

Nikki, I had a lady come over and buy ducks, Cochins and eating eggs yesterday and told her to contact you for Silkies and if you didn't have any for sale she could contact Susanne but she didn't want to drive down to Greenwood. She knows Spartanburg is easier for her. She is older and doesn't like to go too far by herself.

I had a wonderful visit with Sandy up at Bat Cave yesterday. I always love talking silkies with her.
I will be at the Dacusville Farm Days selling honey Sat and Sun. We will get back to work on the silkie breeding pen Mon. I really want to get this project done. I will try to post pics soon.
Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend.

Just 3 weeks from tomorrow! Yippee!

yesss.gif

I had a wonderful visit with Sandy up at Bat Cave yesterday. I always love talking silkies with her.
I will be at the Dacusville Farm Days selling honey Sat and Sun. We will get back to work on the silkie breeding pen Mon. I really want to get this project done. I will try to post pics soon.
Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend.

That is great, Mary! You picked up more birds? Pix!!! And of course, of your new breeding pen.

I hope you are coming up to the Chickenstock. We all need to park near each other so we can chat when we have time. I plan to get there by 6:30 to set up even though they say it doesn't start until 9 am. I notice that doesn't usually happen. Kimberly says she will be ready to leave when I am so we will again caravan up there.

I am on my last jar on honey......
ep.gif

My silkies are just over 3 months old but they're looking so beautiful and grown up
love.gif

I've never been to chickenstock. That may change this year. Ahhh I know I don't need any more birds but if I go I know I'll probably get some lol
roll.png

I plan on getting there early and putting chairs and stuff out to save all yall spots!! Woot!!

I hope to get there by 6:30. Kimberly leads the way and we only stop once, if at all. But as she says, they always run a little late so let's hope we make it early enough you won't have to save spots for long! I will be in the truck and Kimberly in her Jeep. Not sure who else you may have to save a spot for unless Mary needs us to hold a spot.
How about John and his wife? They were beside you last time, right?

And yes, I will try to drive faster as Kimberly says I drive too slow....can you imagine?
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom