South Carolina

There are swaps and get togethers all the time all over the place. I am not sure how many birds were for sale yesterday at this clinic but I took chicks and pairs and a few roosters and sold most everything. I saw a bunch of roosters in cages to be sold and am not sure if anyone bought those. Naturally most people were looking for hens and I am not sure how many individual hens were there for sale.
If anyone knows of swaps and get togethers in the Charleston area please post them! Thanks!

My two turkeys gobbled for me for the first time today. I picked them up and searched their chest, and also found both had two tiny beards starting to form, so I guess there's no doubt I have two toms. One is much bigger and more dominant, constantly strutting(guy on the left), so I hoped I had a pair. Oh well. I may be getting some hens soon from a friend who doesn't want his anymore though :D

On another note......
Getting 2 pregnant cows and a beef steer this week!! :D

Last edited:
My two turkeys gobbled for me for the first time today. I picked them up and searched their chest, and also found both had two tiny beards starting to form, so I guess there's no doubt I have two toms. One is much bigger and more dominant, constantly strutting(guy on the left), so I hoped I had a pair. Oh well. I may be getting some hens soon from a friend who doesn't want his anymore though
big_smile.png

On another note......
Getting 2 pregnant cows and a beef steer this week!!
big_smile.png
Females have beards, too. The males do gobble though. I suppose girls could but I have not heard of one doing so.

Awesome on the cows and steer!
droolin.gif

Oh goodness.......just bought a new printer. Spent a looooong time trying to set it up. I had big plans on being able to print via my "smart phone." Can't get it to work!!!! Think its bc i dont have wifi? Arg. I'm going to bed do I can sleep my frustrations away!!

I know it is winter and it should be cold here but I am liking this warm spell we are having! That said I am afraid what will come next....
hide.gif

I did move the first batch of chicks out to the outdoor brooder. Hopefully pulling the sides down will be enough with the heat light for them if it turns cold again(or when it turns cold again).

Yes, 3 hours would be a long drive for some chicks.  We have Black Copper Marans, Dominiques, Red Dorkings, and Black Australorps.  We will have a few Delaware soon.  
I will keep you in mind after the first of the year I could make the drive with np. I have been wanting some good marans and I been lookin for dorkings always thought there name is funny not everyone can say I have a dork chicken lol

Back
Top Bottom