South Carolina

I have not heard from anyone about this either but I get so many folks telling me their birds are stolen when sometimes I think it may be predators. However, I will keep my eyes and ears open. I think it might have been more like a meal for someone and they will never be seen again. Another good reason I like my dogs! A certain bark and I will grab my gun.

I have not heard from anyone about this either but I get so many folks telling me their birds are stolen when sometimes I think it may be predators. However, I will keep my eyes and ears open. I think it might have been more like a meal for someone and they will never be seen again. Another good reason I like my dogs! A certain bark and I will grab my gun.

Big guns stop them in there tracks!!

My bowtie showgirl cockerel. Everybody (who isn't well versed in chickens) who visits thinks that I've either shaved his neck, or that there's something wrong with him and he's losing his feathers!
lol.png

Hi everyone!
We moved to rural area and now we are proud chicken owner.
I hope to learn a lot about chicken tending on this site.

The picture was my pet silkie hen who hated rain!
She would have loved today's sunshine but she was one of the five we lost to my neighbor's dog recently.
Now we have limping BR roo and his girlfriend and five guineas. The hen should be laying soon.
And also we have 5 BO and 3 true ameruacanas in the brooder.
I don't know anyone who has chickens where I live except for the breeder we get our chicks from.
I'm glad I found SC thread :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We moved to rural area and now we are proud chicken owner. I hope to learn a lot about chicken tending on this site. The picture was my pet silkie hen who hated rain! She would have loved today's sunshine but she was one of the five we lost to my neighbor's dog recently. Now we have limping BR roo and his girlfriend and five guineas. The hen should be laying soon. And also we have 5 BO and 3 true ameruacanas in the brooder. I don't know anyone who has chickens where I live except for the breeder we get our chicks from. I'm glad I found SC thread :)
. Welcome! Hope your neighbor is doing right by you & your losses. Won't be long until you discover chicken owners all around you!

Thanks EggieRowe and moxies!
We moved to upstate from Charleston this summer.
Enjoyed the sun for a little bit yesterday, but it's freezing this morning.
Have a good day!

Back
Top Bottom