South Carolina

Aww, poor chickies!

I use pine shavings and bins. The first couple of days we cover the shavings with paper towels. . .however we don't have chicks too often.

So I was reading about a certain type of bird for ant control. . .after catching up on all these posts I've already forgotten the type! Guess I'll go back and look.

I do NEED to know how to get the fire ants out of my corn plants!! Any ideas??

guineas- that was it- do they really work? Wont they eat my plants as well?

I'm pretty perturbed with the ants right now. My corn is just coming up and when I went to look into why some mounds did not have any growth I found they were full of (bad word) ants!

Last edited:
Ok so have Sulmet and Wazine going in the waterer right now.

Can I use that on my duck? I want to go ahead and treat the older birds just to be safe but I don't know if a duck can have it too.

Quote:
An Anteater ?
wink.png

"I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly....but I don't know why she swallowed the fly....."
etc.
lol.png

Ha-Ha !!!
smile.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
Hey and
welcome-byc.gif
It was nice to meet you at the swap. I'm not far from Aiken (15 mins). I live closer to North Augusta, but my address is Trenton.

Hi John
big_smile.png

Great meeting you, too! I think you should have brought more of those pullets like snick got - you could have sold them all! I can't wait to see how she turns out.
smile.png

Quote:
You NEED Guineas! They don't eat vegetables or plants, just insects. They might occasionally eat soft fruit (like strawberries) but they never touch my tomatoes and I haven't had cut worms on the tomato plants since I got guineas. They feast on fire ants and ticks!

Quote:
Joy says guineas for fire ants.........I have been to her house - walked in her yard in flip flops ( I think I had on flipflops lol ) - not a fire ant in sight.
I am deathly allergic to them - I carry a dual epi-pen.

I been asking for some guineas but DH says no. So far no ant hills this year..... I guess if I get bit again he may get me a couple or three

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom