South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:It really is hard to decide! I know I will be keeping all of my silkies & wyandottes.

Kimberly, what color is your roo? A friend of mine hatched some really unusual mille colors too. She shared 2 of them back with me and one roo has a rose comb and is silver laced! I swear he was crossed with a silver sebright but she doesn't have any and mine have always been penned separately. No way they crossed with the mille's. I'm confused. So what color is your rooster?

I swear I thought he was porcelain. He is sorta white...with dark gray or black markings. I forgot to get a pic [​IMG]

2. Joycats

Joycats Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Kimberly, what color is your roo? A friend of mine hatched some really unusual mille colors too. She shared 2 of them back with me and one roo has a rose comb and is silver laced! I swear he was crossed with a silver sebright but she doesn't have any and mine have always been penned separately. No way they crossed with the mille's. I'm confused. So what color is your rooster?

I swear I thought he was porcelain. He is sorta white...with dark gray or black markings. I forgot to get a pic [​IMG]

It's wierd how many color combinations can come from these birds. I sometimes get lemon and golden neck milles too. I have a few hens that are blue buff. My friend Jean hatched a mahogany which was absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see a pic sometime, can't believe you always get roosters from me though. [​IMG] I swear I have the best rooster luck of anybody in the world.

3. Jackie B.

Jackie B. Paris Mtn. Eggs

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Hahahaha! Probably snow... And locusts.

4. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:shes gonna stop letting you travel with her if you keep bringing home chickens.. ahhaha..

sorry to hear about the loss. but next time Ill get more people in on the cheering..

glad ya'll are back in SC safe..
    )O(

I stayed home, Kris Brought back the wyandottes for me.

Don't tell her, but she is good to me.

Robert

5. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Okay.... where is this rain? I swear if it misses me, I just might scream my head off. Looks like the northern part of the Upstate has a better chance than Greenwood. Hope we get something! [​IMG]

6. dixiebeast

dixiebeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Cross Hill SC
    Quote:I am afraid what we got last night may be all [​IMG] ...We are digging holes and it is not easy in the red clay and we were hoping to have help softening up the ground!But who knows...maybe the rain will get here!

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Quote:Kimberly, what color is your roo? A friend of mine hatched some really unusual mille colors too. She shared 2 of them back with me and one roo has a rose comb and is silver laced! I swear he was crossed with a silver sebright but she doesn't have any and mine have always been penned separately. No way they crossed with the mille's. I'm confused. So what color is your rooster?

Kimberly, did you see my Porcelain boys when we loaded them for the sale the other week? Does your fella look like them?

8. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    We got a good rain this morning and it was heading north. Went out to check the new pens and everyone stayed dry. While I was out there, threw some food to the koi in our little pond, they were very happy about that and blew me kisses from the top of the water LOL.

I made some bread from scratch yesterday and when I went back in the kitchen this morning I found more flour on the floor that I had missed. Boy, I always make such a mess! Before I clean it up, I'm going to go make another batch of dough so it can start to rise. I LOVE the way it makes the house smell.

Amy Nadine, I ordered 2200 meal worms yesterday and they will be here soon. I'm going to toss them all in an empty aquarium I have and just let them go. My husband thinks I'm crazy but, I figure it's a sustainable, renewable resource that is good for the chickens and the quail, so I'm excited about it.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday and finds a chance to relax for a little while.

9. We probably won't get any rain from this... Sat., I finally put tin roofs on 2 coops that had previously been 'tarped'.

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    It has been raining here off and on all morning. It likes to wait until I am out in the open and then rain. When I run inside the brooder room or a coop it stops. Crazy weather![​IMG]

The Guineas are pitching a fit in the trampoline pen but they have such tiny little microscopic brains they do not realize they can get under the tarp part of it where the roosting boards are and not get wet. Good thing they are cute because gosh, they are not very bright at all. We still have not been able to catch up the 2 keets out running with the Guinea adult pair. They took them off last night and we never found them. This morning I saw them and by the time I went and got the net they had disappeared again. Now those are smart Guineas!

It looks like it is going to really pour all afternoon. Bummer! I was hoping to get a bunch of roos in the freezer. DH thinks he got out of work but ha! I am going to make him clean house. Maybe rearrange the living room.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by