South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dixiebeast

dixiebeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Cross Hill SC
    Quote:Wow I was through Hodges twice this weekend! My mother lives in Shoals Junction...we were working on chicken security (finishing her coop) for the supposed storms! We would love to come by your farm one day!

2. Lroach711

Lroach711 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Pickens, SC
    Well.. I am SO excited! I sold 2 of my roosters today and sent a little cross beaked pullet with one of them. She has a pretty bad cross beak but has always done well and she went to someone I work with. Now I'm down to the roosters I want to keep so I'm very happy. On another note, apparently I've passed the chicken fever to my neighbor. They've been building a chicken coop for a few days now..lol he said it was all my fault because his wife saw my chickens and decided she wanted some too [​IMG]

3. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Quote:That's what makes the world a better place- spreading the chicken love!! [​IMG]

4. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:I swear I thought he was porcelain. He is sorta white...with dark gray or black markings. I forgot to get a pic [​IMG]

Kimberly, did you see my Porcelain boys when we loaded them for the sale the other week? Does your fella look like them?

I don't think so......... I don't know. Right now he is muddy!

5. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Quote:Wow I was through Hodges twice this weekend! My mother lives in Shoals Junction...we were working on chicken security (finishing her coop) for the supposed storms! We would love to come by your farm one day!

I'm actually south of Hodges on 246 (near 254 and 25). I'd love to have you out!

6. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:Near you - but sorry no chicks. I have some eggs in but not due for another 2 weeks. Hope you can find her something!

7. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    Rain and lots of it. [​IMG]

8. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Quote:I have stuff hatching almost every day. However, I do not plan to part with very many but I bet Debra would be willing to sell some of these that are hatching out right now in my bator. They started out of the eggs this morning and will be going through tonight hatching out.

9. Quote:Hi Billyj! Got a group ready to come out of the hatcher, mostly blue/green-eggers.
    If you don't find anything closer, I'm in Aiken.

Finally a little bit of rain here this afternoon. Not much, but a little.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Here comes the downpour to last til dark. Glad all my chores are done except for filling one 5 gallon drinker.
    I suppose I do need to get the baby Runners put up. And as always, I walk around and close all the coop doors, pop doors and pens for the night.
    Let's see, that is only about 14 I have to close up at night. It sure would be easier if they were all in the tractors but I kinda like walking through checking on everyone before heading to the house for the night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by