South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. IttyBiddyRedHen

IttyBiddyRedHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    East coast
    Oh..I am so happy!! We got 1 1/10" inch rain from Lee. [​IMG]:weee I collected 240 gallons of rain water....that will be enuff for 2 rounds of laundry..watering what is left of the flower gardens and tomatoes for the season. Hopefully.....precipitation will increase as winter nears..and I know our water usage will decrease. No more watering gardens ..and the chicken tractor will be getting a newspaper floor and wood shavings for winter. I will merely scoop it out for cleaning, and replace it. That should help keep it sanitary and warm for the winter.

2. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Quote:I watched it and thought the same thing! [​IMG] I hope Meg wins.

3. Lroach711

Lroach711 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Pickens, SC
    I guess I got lucky with the rain![​IMG] We had a good bit..it rained off and on all day yesterday in Pickens. I was just thankful to get any! Hopefully the weather will start cooperating with us! I agree there's no point in listening to what they say about the weather on the news though! They're almost always wrong! [​IMG] I hope everyone's having a great day!!

4. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    We have gotten 2 good bouts of rain this morning. I am about to go get some chicken chores done while it isn't looking so cloudy. Hope you get some much needed rain Amy!

5. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Quote:I loved less nessman.. [​IMG] do yall remember the eposode where they threw the live turkeys out of the helicopter.. and when they came back to the staation just dazed... "I thought they could fly".... hahahah [​IMG] [​IMG] poor less was just devastated by the carnage of them falling out of the sky.. Wasnt it less that had the pretend walls and doors that they had to say knock knock to..

[​IMG]

6. Gold Griffin Chicken Mom

Gold Griffin Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Suffolk, Virginia
    Quote:I loved less nessman.. [​IMG] do yall remember the eposode where they threw the live turkeys out of the helicopter.. and when they came back to the staation just dazed... "I thought they could fly".... hahahah [​IMG] [​IMG] poor less was just devastated by the carnage of them falling out of the sky.. Wasnt it less that had the pretend walls and doors that they had to say knock knock to..

[​IMG]

You are correct on all counts except one: the famous line came from Mr. Carlson: "With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

I think that was my father's favorite episode, too. The "Hindenberg" type reporting style was the funniest (people and/or animals dying isn't the funny part. "Oh the humanity!" is still big with me. Use it to mock my children's drama all the time.).

The actor that played Les Nessman got lots of criticism for being a method actor and getting so into his part. He wore Band-aids all the time. The script writers hadn't even thought of that. Now we have guys like Daniel Day Lewis refusing to answer to anything but his character's name, even on weekends off from filming. Ahead of his time.

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    WKRP was one of my favorite shows and I sometimes pull one up on the Internet and watch it. I seldom have the time but it is nice to remember it while doing chores and then watching a bit at night.

The Guineas still have the two keets with them. They bring them to the barn for food and I was glad we didn't get so much rain that they drowned. The parents seem to be very careful with them. I am not sure how long it will last but I like watching the family.

My ducks stay out in the front pasture eating a lot lately and today a hawk was on a fence post watching them. I told Jolie to go get it but she ignored me. I will count heads when they come in for the night to make sure I didn't lose any. Oh, I hope not! [​IMG] I really need to pen them more anyhow since they are laying eggs all over the farm again. Once I finish the other powder blue coop then they will be moved into that pen. I need more hours in the day........and a Sugar Daddy![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gvilledh

gvilledh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    My neighbor has a guinea and I love watching it. She had three, but two disappeared (one may have gotten through the fence to the dogs next door when they were a couple of weeks old). She has one of the lavender ones and it is just funny. It has decided to be buddies with her BR roo who is about the same age and they are hilarious to watch together. I'll have to get some pictures the next time I'm up there. Each time I take Schatzi for a walk and hear it, I just chuckle. Becky said that now when she walks outside the guinea runs faster than any of the others for the treats.

9. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:When you find a sugar daddy, try to find one with a brother for me - lawdy knows I could use one too!

10. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I'll have to let you know. I have been hunting for one for about 32 years and can't find one! [​IMG]
    Boy, the trouble we could get into with one of those! [​IMG] Or at least, with their money.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by