South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Joycats

Joycats Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Well, I'm done with my outside chores for the day. Hardly ever do I finish this early. The muggy weather is about to get me, it's still so bloody hot! I like the heat but cannot tolerate the humidity. Anyway, we've had a few showers today but still less than a 1/4 " of rain. I hope everybody else is safe and dry.

2. FarmerJohn3285

FarmerJohn3285 County Line Farms

Nov 18, 2010
    Trenton, SC
    We had a good heavy rain for a good 30 to 45 mins. Sold a trio of white Leghorns and a dozen eggs today.

3. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    I was very lucky today. A rainstorm every two hours...and not a downpour just a good rain...

And Joycats I always call that fuzzy to feather stage "The Ugly Stage" even though we all know that all stages are way to cute!... Oh and I have a cat also that even eats with the chicks and chickens and the rooster doesn't mind her at all...I think they sense she is 18yrs old and is harmless....Bless her heart I had to put her out of the house 4 years ago because she became incontinent and was ruining my house, but she loves it outside. She even has her own Cat Coop. [​IMG] But she's to old to fight off the stray cats, so I have to Let the Dogs Out!!! The Crazy thing is my neighbors cat and my cat look just alike. But Piper knows the difference. Thank Goodness.

ok Back to the StarWars Marathon.. haha...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. gvilledh

gvilledh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Susanne, I'm watching Design Star and they are all designing the inside of "tiny houses". I was texting Lou Ann and telling her they actually would make perfect chicken coops. Once they had the outside of them painted (each a different color), they really reminded me of Huckleberry Farm. Is it a bad thing that I see a chicken coop in every small building that catches my eye?
    My daughter was here for the day and drove back to Rock Hill around 5:00. She said it took about 30 minutes longer due to all the rain and thunderstorms going on, especially around Gaffney.It looked like the Greenwood area was getting some major rain and thunderstorms earlier, too. I hope everyone is safe down that way. They still say we are going to have rain all night tonight, so I am going to trust the weather people on this one. I really hope they are right!

5. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    Quote:I also enjoy walking and looking at the hens in the coop before nightly lock-up

6. Joycats

Quote:I was teasing you a little bit. [​IMG]

7. Joycats

Quote:WooHoo - any day that you make a sell is a good day. [​IMG]

8. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    And this is the reason I did not become a Meteorologist! [​IMG]
    We got very little of the 100% they claimed we would get yesterday and all that rain they said we would get all week has disappeared. And what happened to the 65 degrees during the night? I'm soaking wet from the high humidity and the heat from being outside since 7 am.
    How can I have any confidence in people that say we are ruining our earth and ozone layer and causing global warming (yeah, I refuse to change the wording because they realized they were wrong about that, too) when they can't even predict weather day to day? How can they know what is going to happen in a year or 20? [​IMG]

It sure would have been nice not to get my hopes up about all that rain we were going to get. I am sticking to eye witness weather, thank you. Just like Less Nessman on WKRP. I'll look out the window. [​IMG]

9. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

[​IMG]

Less Nessman! [​IMG]

We got a lot of rain. Nicole looked out the window this morning & said she did not order a swimming pool in the back yard!

10. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    We only had a light shower for about 10 min.We need more here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by