South Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by enola, Feb 1, 2009.

1. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I foresee lots of rain for all of us.. freezer camp may have to be put back a week.. in fact im going out now to reinforce my coop roof ( tarping) ...
    talk to yall later.. hugs and big smiles to all
    )O(
    Pink

2. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Quote:I know that's such a hard thing to even think about. I'm sure you'll find good homes for whatever you decide.

3. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:I know that's such a hard thing to even think about. I'm sure you'll find good homes for whatever you decide.

It really is hard to decide! I know I will be keeping all of my silkies & wyandottes.

4. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Quote:That's really cool. I can't wait to start enjoying my guineas. I think there are 24 left. Must have lost a few along the way. [​IMG] I need to figure out what to do with them. They are still in with my partridge silkies but they are getting big and I must do something with them. I'm just afraid of that stupid hawk until they get bigger. They're only about 7 weeks right now.

The forecast is looking good! I pray for at least four inches. My ponds are so down. And no storms. Sorry the butchering party is going to be cancelled. [​IMG]

5. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    I feel your pain re downsizing, and have decided to cut back on my silkie colors. I have a juvenile Lavender roo, and some porcelain roo's I need to part with if any of you are interested.

6. RedBugPoultry

RedBugPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Jasper Co., S.C.
    Quote:Humm? I have seen the guinea males help but never really saw them soley take care of the keets. When I locked the guineas up this summer in a pen with keets it was 2 females--maybe that was the problem. Maybe they need an interested male to keep them safe as the hens tend to leave them at night. I do know I have a blue cochin rooster that has taken over raising 3 chicks after the mothers left them and he seems to be doing a much better job! I had never seen that before. [​IMG]

7. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:I refuse to cut down on my silkies. Thing is - I can add more silkies if I get rid of some of the other birds [​IMG] Out of space right now.

8. Jackie B.

Jackie B. Paris Mtn. Eggs

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I'm sitting on the front deck drinking a bevvie and chicken watching and it is just unusually quiet. I'm thinking we re going to get more than rain tomorrow!

9. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Quote:I know! I posted it earlier this morning on here. I am not sure we will be putting any roos in the freezer. DH and I have been building a good bit today and I have tried to organize all the birds so they won't float away if we get a lot of rain.

If it is misting we will go ahead and do it but I have a feeling it will rain buckets. I was afraid it would since most all Labor Days are rainy but I was hoping for warm mist instead of a deluge. I think Lee is going to take care of that.

RUN ROOSTERS RUN........... [​IMG] lol!!!! [​IMG]

10. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Jackie B. :

I'm sitting on the front deck drinking a bevvie and chicken watching and it is just unusually quiet. I'm thinking we re going to get more than rain tomorrow!

Me too...So u think we are gonna get more than just rain.... [​IMG] Snow then maybe???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by