South Carolina

I use the generic Ivermectin Pour-On (Durvet brand) from Tractor Supply. It is a lot cheaper than the brand named ones.
The 250 ml bottle is only about $15. The brand names are $30-45. It works great for internal and external pests.
I would call Tractor Supply before going since they sell out a lot.

Last edited:
Quote:
Silly hens, I have a few that are so indecisive they jump from one nest box to the next. I have to move them to a small crate or such in order to get them to sit seriously.
Congrats on the eggs! My chickens always seem to make me happy too. I'm not sure about your slimey bottomed hen. That sounds like she's possibly had an egg break while laying it. That would not be good. Hopefully it was a jelly egg (egg without a shell) because if the egg shell breaks inside the hen it can cut them and cause damage. This is just what comes to my mind, hopefully someone else will have a less serious idea of what could be going on. Let us know how she is tomorrow.

Quote:
They are very beautiful!
big_smile.png

Morning....Doesnt seem to be an egg...at least I don't think so. Her bum looks fine and I can't feel anything. They are on a good diet and I give them DE with their food so wouldn't that take care of worms? It is dark out and I have to be at work early so I will have to check on her this afternoon. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Enjoy the weather!! Tink

Quote:
Mary - I have looked for this at TSC since last spring but they don't carry it here anymore, not at my local TSC. They've also stopped selling Sulmet and most other poultry meds.

This is true at ours with the Sulmet--I just bought there last bottles!
barnie.gif

I know most of you are some distance away but just to let people know, we are selling all our polish chickens that we have hatched this season. That is the ones that are alive. I have had more problems with these birds with Cocci and secondary infections, maybe sour crops. We had a big storm come through about 3 or 4 weeks ago now and flooded their pen and even though I have dug out the dirt and replaced with sand I still had problems with these birds. I have seen the blood in the poop so I know it was cocci but I think some have delt with it so many time they got secondary infections. I treated that too. The really heavy crested birds are the one that are affect by this the worst. I have trimmed crests but no longer have the time or energy to deal with these birds. I think I have gotten most of them that are left back to a somewhat healthy spot--I am afraid with fall setting in these bird will not deal with the cold very well and they will not be able to compete with the cochins in the big pen with the chicken house.

There are 3 White Crested Black Roosters(roosters do not seem to be having the issues the hens do all have remained healthy) with 4 black hens, 2 splash hens and one blue. There are 3 Gold Laced Roosters with one gold laced hen(if she continues to thrive she has the best lace I hatched and unfortunately the largest crest). There is one Buff Laced Rooster and one hen and One Silver Laced Rooster and one hen. I put them on Craig's List this morning for $100 takes all. My only concern is one Black hen that is still thin and the last gold laced hen which is still thin. The are both eating well but it probably would ot take much to loose them. If anyone is interested in these birds let me know--I am only interested in selling all at once at this time. They need more attention that I have time to give with a 2 1/2 year old daughter and all these other birds. If someone wants to travel the distance I will work with the price. My DH wants to put them all in a hole and maybe that will happen one by one but I really would like to give them a chance if someone is interested.

hit.gif

Quote:
What is this exactly? It's pretty but I don't understand!

It's part of our geometry section. You start with a polygon..I started with a square. If you cut from one side, you add that cut out piece to the other..and so on. Here's the process I did:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/51428_ptdc0011.jpg

By definition tesselations are any arrangement in which nonoverlapping figures are place together to entirely cover a region. They are often found in floor tile decorations. There are only 3 regular polygons that tessellate: equilateral triangles, hexagons, and squares.

I made mine even prettier
smile.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/51428_ptdc0009.jpg

That is really awesome! You did a great job and have quite a wonderful creative side!
So now take that chicken math and design fabulous designs for chicken coops! From the looks of this you should have no trouble, whatsoever!

Back
Top Bottom