South Carolina

Careful South Carolinians, the snakes are coming out. My mom nearly stepped on this in the driveway a couple days ago!

Whenever I look inside nest box I always knock and say a prayer that I won't see one. Three years and I haven't seen one hoping to keep the streak alive.

That's awesome!!! Chicken mama! Wow! We're trying all we can to keep the snakes away, but there's always a threat!

There is. I hope I don't run across anymore. It would be terrible if one got ahold of one of my chickens :(

Whenever I look inside nest box I always knock and say a prayer that I won't see one. Three years and I haven't seen one hoping to keep the streak alive.

I hope you never find one in your nesting box! :th I never thought about that :oops:

I haven't seen THIS Exact one yet this year, but check out this rat snake that was in my neighbors yard last summer. It is really impressive when you realise that the bush it's beneath is 5 foot across!

WOAH! :th That's a HUGE black snake!

Oh, Wow!! I crossed paths with a rd belly water snake about a month ago and have been on the lookout ever since.

Ooh those are pretty. I really like snakes but everyone else in my family hates the and I love my outside animals and my sibling that play in the yard too much to let the snakes live :(

Some snakes are hard to tell apart from the dangerous ones so people often kill them on sight. Snakes are quite beautiful though. I love it when my kids find green tree snakes, worm snakes, garter snakes and even baby red bellies to play with.

Yeah I found a dead baby snake in our driveway last year and I still don't know if it was a cotton mouth or a red belly :idunno I really like the worm snakes. I do remember finding a dead one last year. Sadly we were having a house built and the construction guys upturned it while it was in hibernation and we found him half buried, dead :( I saw a garter snake too! I had forgotten all about it lol. It shot right between my sister's legs while we were walking through the woods. Talk about scary :oops: One we knew what it was though we were fine :)

Last edited:
WOAH! :th That's a HUGE black snake!
Ooh those are pretty. I really like snakes but everyone else in my family hates the and I love my outside animals and my sibling that play in the yard too much to let the snakes live :(

One time I was cutting grass with a push lawnmower and thought I almost hit our water hose, but realized it was too big to be it. I ran and saw it's head hit something from me freaking out over it
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
it was so long and thick. Luckily it was a large fat black rat snake that was passing by.

One time I was cutting grass with a push lawnmower and thought I almost hit our water hose, but realized it was too big to be it. I ran and saw it's head hit something from me freaking out over it
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
it was so long and thick. Luckily it was a large fat black rat snake that was passing by.

Lol wow! I've only seen a black snake once (that I can remember) it was fairly large also :/ Black snakes must know where all the yummy snake food is :D I'm glad you didn't hit it :)

Back
Top Bottom