South Carolina

Quote:
So cool, see, this is why I asked! Newberry is about 10 min from my house! Ya'll have been pleased with their feed? I think there is also one in Orangeburg (where I travel to for work often...actually tomorrow) and I plan to go by there tomorrow on my travels and pick up a bag of their feed. If anyone has experience with either of these two mills or the feeds they produce, I'd appreciate their input. Thanks.

We buy their feed at Brown's. It's fine. Definitely use it for our livestock. I use it for some of my chickens. Not terribly high on protein so I use other things for my breeders.

Forgot one comment:

Go, Braves! Yesterday rocked. Hope they clean up tonight!

I used their Show Goat feed for years, Loved it, and the goats Loved it, but they werent to keen on the normal goat chow they had there. They were quite cheap too, at the time I was only paying $8.25 a bag and I would get 5 bags and non wasted. If it wasnt to far for me to travel I would go and see what their chick/duck feed was like but thew truck is a guzzler.

Quote:
Brandy is in Chapin. That is this side of Columbia.
Anyone down in her area that can help with a local mill would be another blessing for her.

I visit 4 different feed stores and the mill in Campobello! I don't get much at each but each has something specific that I like to buy and the birds like to eat without wasting too much.

I hear about people feeding dry cat food to their chickens and they eat it well. Mine do not like it. But put down some BOSS (black oil sunflower seed) and they go nuts, especially this time of year. I can't afford it right now though. They bumped up the price about $6 a bag. I am planting some though!

Thanks ya'll. I will definitely try their feed and see if the ladies like it. I guess I just need to play around with it.

And Nadine, since you asked, here's some pictures of my birds...although not the closest shot (and it looks like they are behind bars).

33071_dsc05402.jpg

These are all of the Wyandottes...a Blue Laced Red Lady (she's my favorite), a Silver Laced, a Golden Laced, and I also have a Columbian who was hiding for this picture. There's also the one roo, who I thought was a BLR, but he sure doesn't look like it. Any ideas on him? He looks more Golden Laced to me, but again, I'm new at this stuff.

33071_dsc05401.jpg

*beep beep* We now interrupt your regularly scheduled program... *beep beep*

Sorry to be completely off topic, y'all, but I'm posting here in hopes Joycats will see... between now and tomorrow...
hide.gif

Her message inbox is full and it won't let me reply there.

Joy,
Does somewhere in the neighborhood of 2:30-3:00 pm sound good? Feel free to call if you need me to come earlier or later.

*beep beep* This has only been a test of the emergency chickie broadcasting system *beep beep*

... as you were!

Quote:
I so much want to get me some of those beautiful Blue laced and Gold Laced Wyandottes! I think they're one of the prettiest chickens out there without getting into the ornamentals and Bantams.

Quote:
Oh gosh - so sorry!
roll.png
I still haven't got the hang of that message box yet. I need a bar graph to show me when I'm close to full. 3:00 would be great! Anytime later is fine too, I will be here feeding the chickens. I messaged you with my phone number but just in case you didn't get it - 864-915-4319. Call if you need directions. Look forward to meeting you! Again, I'm sorry to be so hard to get in touch with.

Back
Top Bottom