South Carolina

Quote:
barnie.gif
Ok, I've deleted some messages from my inbox so hopefully I can again receive messages. It's crazy that it doesn't give me notice that I've reached my limit until I miss messages.
th.gif
he.gif
I'm terrible at deleting (like to save things), I have 23,000 messages in my email inbox so I guess I thought this one should hold more than 25.
idunno.gif
So very sorry!!
hu.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
Ok, I've deleted some messages from my inbox so hopefully I can again receive messages. It's crazy that it doesn't give me notice that I've reached my limit until I miss messages.
th.gif
he.gif
I'm terrible at deleting (like to save things), I have 23,000 messages in my email inbox so I guess I thought this one should hold more than 25.
idunno.gif
So very sorry!!
hu.gif

haha - I'm the same way. I didn't notice my inbox had a limit until your message was returned. Only then did I look around...
I put your number in my cell phone and will call if I get lost, but the directions seem pretty straightforward.
I can't wait! See you then.
wee.gif

can anyone out here that has raised w/bl wheaton ameruacanas how old would they be to tell male from female. can you tell before they feather out thanks

Quote:
Brandy he is an actual BLRW. Most people think of the splash with the BLRW but they are actually too light. This little roo is a dark blue, mostly seen in roos where as I am finding more of the pullets will be splash or light blue in color. On my website you will see the hens are splash and the roos are dark blue. One day they will be bred to a consistent color but for now it is all in the works.
He is really just a dark blue and what breeders are working on for the true color, maybe a touch lighter. I am beginning to like the splash a lot better myself.

I hope your roo grows up to be every bit as fabulous as his dad. I let Guy and his girls out in the evenings to free range and Guy likes to hang with me. He tries to keep his girls in line at the same time but he is always so interested in what I am doing he sometimes forgets and has to go racing across the yard to check on them. He is too cool. I love the way he jumps up in the air and comes running when he sees me. Funny boy, he doesn't fool me. I know he is only after treats.

Someone else on our list raises them so may can give you their opinion, too.

Quote:
They are 3 weeks old before I try to tell. With wheatens you can usually tell boys from girls as they feather out on the wings but with Ameraucanas the roos start getting a red comb around 3 weeks old.

Quote:
They are 3 weeks old before I try to tell. With wheatens you can usually tell boys from girls as they feather out on the wings but with Ameraucanas the roos start getting a red comb around 3 weeks old.

Agree. As the Wheatens wings start to come in, you'll see a difference in color. The boys will be much darker than the girls. Sure does make it easy! I love Wheatens!

Quote:
barnie.gif
th.gif
he.gif
idunno.gif
So very sorry!!
hu.gif

It does show a limit in your inbox. Look at the bar right above your message at the top of the page. It will show "Subject" and then message status __% in a gray bar.

And if you do not have this, I am sorry. I could have it because I am Golden Feather status.

If you do not have this then what I used to do was always try to keep my messages down to one page. I created a few folders over to the left under Inbox and sent and all that. I have folders for pending orders, new friends, egg hatches and other stuff.

Quote:
A side shot of the white one would help with identification. I am thinking a white Rock though.
Your red and white girl is a red sex link or what we like to call Sugar Tails.
The 2 that are barred are cuckoo Marans.
Looks like a buff Orpington and RIR or New Hampshires. I can't see the tails well enough to tell the diff but I am thinking RIR.
There are 3 totally cute and adorable puppies in there! But I guess you know that! LOL
The buff near the top of the page is a Cochin. I can't tell if it is bantam or not from the photo.

Fantastic coop! Love it!
thumbsup.gif

I am not a wheaten lover. My DH is and loves for me to get wheatens in. I do have some blue wheaten Ameraucanas growing up for him to enjoy.
love.gif

I also am not a blue feather lover but so many others are that I have a good many blues in several breeds.
frow.gif

Now those lavender Ameraucana chicks are growing up so gorgeous that I have fallen in love. I do not care for them in photos but in real life they are simply stunning! Or at least the chicks are so far. I can see me being in big trouble next year if I continue to love this color. What to get rid of so I can make room for another color variety?
th.gif

Quote:
THe picture that this line refers to ..."What kind of chicken is white with a yellow/orange comb? She's much bigger than she appears here. Yet another mystery...what is this white bottomed hen...could it be a Star?".... Looks like two of mine which TSC in spartanburg said were Golden Comets. DD bought two for DH
smile.png
I will say one has more white than the other too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom