South Carolina

Got my program for the Clemson show in the mail today! Woot!
There will be 3 judges and this should be some tough comments from these guys. One is from CA, another from NM and the other is from Alabama. Those are 3 states that know their birds!

I suppose I will enter my two but I am not holding my breath. I can't wait til my 3 Mottled kids from Grant are mature enough to show. That one roo is going to kick some butt! I was so hoping he would be old enough for this show but it will be next spring before he has his coloring in well enough to compete. His type is great now though and if he is anything like his dad, he will stand up and show off.

Anyone else showing in Clemson?

I will not be there but you are taking our best wishes and highest of hopes with you. but no worries, blood always shines through and when you least expect it, they stand up and shine like a new minted coin.. My young cockerel I entered in the fair came home ,started crowing and has been crowing ever since..... I like that. ( I'll be glad when the man with the tuning fork comes through )

Sorry to hear you won't make it, Nikki. It is going to be the NC Silkie meet, too so I expect a lot more Silkies than usual but then if everyone's birds are blowing feathers, maybe not. LOL

I think me and Kimberly and probably Nicole will be riding up on Sat. to see what all we can see. It sounds like Mary is going, sounds like Kris and Robert may be there and I am sure there will be others that we will run into since this is one of the local shows that we get to go to.
Make sure you get to the Clemson one as it is the Silkie meeting!
I'm going! I'm going! So is Samantha I think :) ****OOOPS just kidding! I meant the Clemson show LOL

Last edited:
Hi y'all! I am new to this site and am looking for some pullets or hens. We just moved to Hampton County (Estill, SC) and finally have some room for chickens. Does anyone know of breeders in my area?

Hi y'all! I am new to this site and am looking for some pullets or hens. We just moved to Hampton County (Estill, SC) and finally have some room for chickens. Does anyone know of breeders in my area?
Welcome, Where is Estill, SC? I am sure others may know where that is that may be close to you. I am not sure where but there is a swap scheduled for this weekend in Gaston and then is a couple of weeks there is a learning day near florance, might be a great place to go to find some chickens.

I am sure others will pop in welcome you and you will find someone near you.

Quote: He is too handsome, by far and he is so ready for his debut! He has begun to fly onto the door of his pen when he sees me coming even though I take him out and pet him and rub his feathers and curse those blasted broken foot feathers!
I believe Bride will not like showing as well but they certainly will make decent traveling buddies.

Got my program for the Clemson show in the mail today! Woot!
There will be 3 judges and this should be some tough comments from these guys. One is from CA, another from NM and the other is from Alabama. Those are 3 states that know their birds!

I suppose I will enter my two but I am not holding my breath. I can't wait til my 3 Mottled kids from Grant are mature enough to show. That one roo is going to kick some butt! I was so hoping he would be old enough for this show but it will be next spring before he has his coloring in well enough to compete. His type is great now though and if he is anything like his dad, he will stand up and show off.

Anyone else showing in Clemson?
Amy, I am very excited to hear how you do at the show! Well, and just hear about the show in general! Do they get a good showing of d'Uccle's? I am so in love with those little birds. They are the only bantam my husband seems to like too! Wish I could go but I will have to settle with living it through people on here!
pop.gif

Thanks for the welcome! We might be able to do Gaston, it looks like it's about an hour and a half North of me. What normally happens at a swap? Buying and selling, I'm assuming but will there be anything else of interest?

Amy, I am very excited to hear how you do at the show! Well, and just hear about the show in general! Do they get a good showing of d'Uccle's? I am so in love with those little birds. They are the only bantam my husband seems to like too! Wish I could go but I will have to settle with living it through people on here!
pop.gif

The Morganton show in NC this coming Sat. probably won't have too many d'Uccles in it. Last year I think I saw 6 and only one d'Anver, which is what Kris H. is working on now. Hopefully we will see her at shows with some in coming years!
big_smile.png

The Clemson show is a bantam only show and often has a few more d'Uccles entered but not a huge amount like Silkies or even bantam Cochins. Toby Napoleon (Kris's avatar) is the Booted Bantam that I will be entering in the show and he has a lovely white d'Uccle Minnie Pearl Bride that is decent so I will take her along.

I totally adore the d'Uccles and Booted Bantams but they could not pull their weight on the farm so I had to sell out of them. I really absolutely love the Porcelains.

Everyone knows my first and foremost love is the bantam Cochins. Thank goodness they can support themselves here. I plan to show one or more of those next spring, Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Back
Top Bottom