Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday 9/24/11

Still planing on making the meet up , will have Japanese roosters and hens , cochins not sure whats left . Meal worm kits
all birds are between 10.00 and 15.00 ea , meal worm kits are complete. worms. beetles. larva. and eggs in a live thriving plastic box . 10.00.
Also looking for birds for a couple of friends ....
anyone have Seramas forsale .... please message me pics and prices please ..

cara has serama for sale..... i have muts for sale oh and a gorgeous pair of blue wheaton OEGB actually ill let the young pullet go too and make it a trio ....SHOW QUALITY lol im asking 100 i paid more than that for them

@ Birdmaniac3000: Aww, shucks! She looked so much like my silkie mix (possible OE). I'll go ahead and take the other, and I'm sorry about the cat incident. I'm still dealing with the stupid squirrel...my dogs have joined in on the hunt and did this to the step of my shed to get to it:

101155_step.jpg

Last edited:
Czech's_chicks :

@ Birdmaniac3000: Aww, shucks! She looked so much like my silkie mix (possible OE). I'll go ahead and take the other, and I'm sorry about the cat incident. I'm still dealing with the stupid squirrel...my dogs have joined in on the hunt and did this to the step of my shed to get to it:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/101155_step.jpg

Oh Man!!!! Don't get me started on squirrels!!!!!​

Quote:
Oh Man!!!! Don't get me started on squirrels!!!!!

My neighbor gave us a GREAT tip on squirrels, but it does involve poison. 1/3 rat poison, 1/3 corn meal, 1/3 flour. Add enough water to form into balls and drop down into the ground squirrel holes (we did this on the outsides of our property). We were desprate. They devoured our garden, stole our eggs, young chicks, feed, were diggin holes under our foundation. I have only seen 2 since about a week after we tried this method. I know many would not agree due to the use of poision, but we had tried traps, netting, and many other methods to no avail and the population was increasing. We had to do something.

Quote:
Oh Man!!!! Don't get me started on squirrels!!!!!

My neighbor gave us a GREAT tip on squirrels, but it does involve poison. 1/3 rat poison, 1/3 corn meal, 1/3 flour. Add enough water to form into balls and drop down into the ground squirrel holes (we did this on the outsides of our property). We were desprate. They devoured our garden, stole our eggs, young chicks, feed, were diggin holes under our foundation. I have only seen 2 since about a week after we tried this method. I know many would not agree due to the use of poision, but we had tried traps, netting, and many other methods to no avail and the population was increasing. We had to do something.

thx... i seriously need to do this to my friend's garden... squirrels are tearing up their plants... the pelet gun just isn't doing the trick...

Here is what I have available to bring to the meet up ~ Please PM me for prices if you are interested

Runner ducklings - white
buff laced bantam polish cockerel
wc cuckoo bantam polish cockerel
bantam silver ameraucana pullet
lf white ameraucanca pullet
wc black bantam polish pullet
bantam white ameraucana cockerels (NO FEMALES)
LF White ameraucana hatching eggs (1 dz only)

Last edited:
I have 2011 SD Zoo Strain (Chick Driscoll) Lady Amherst Pheasants, a breeder pair of black masked lovebirds, and a few button quail if anyone is interested and PM's me I'll bring them.

I'm bringing homemade jams, jellies and marmalades of different flavors for sale or trade.

Nosey I'm debating on the buff laced cockerel and WC pullet. Are they close in age to the ones I got picked up from you last meetup?

52356_sdzamh.jpg
DAD

Quote:
Wow, those are beautiful!

I don't really have a lot to offer for the meet up. All I have is a Bantam Phoenix Cockerel if anyone is interested. He's a cool, friendly little bird, with a great set of lungs. Perfect Alarm Cock if you ever needed one. He doesn't crow at odd hours, only daybreak, and he's not aggressive. He's not a showbird, but very handsome otherwise, no handicaps or defects. Free to a good home. 7 months old.

Back
Top Bottom