Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Morning all,
Mags, where are you? Hope everything is OK.

Heather, you out there woman? Hope all went well with the move and your travels.

Hi all. Sorry to jump into your thread, but I thought you might be able to help. I was wondering if any of you knew where to find corid within an hour or so of NYC? I'm in Brooklyn, and I have a sad droopy gal. Thanks!

I have Corid, but only a small amount left.
It is commonly misdiagnosed so I will be giving you the third degree.
How old is the bird?
Is it on medicated feed?
Is it pooping blood?
Are there any more that may be sick?
Are they on the ground, eating dirt, earthworms, other poops, etc?

I don't mind the third degree! Any advice or thoughts very much welcomed.

Almost a year old, not on medicated feed. All poop seems normal, although a bit runnier than normal; I'm worried b/c I read that sometimes they don't poop blood at first or at all. There are five chickens total, and the others seem fine now, but I'm worried that if she has something they might too and just are not showing symptoms yet. They free-range in our backyard, so they eat dirt, lots of worms, and, yes, probably some of each other's poop. We've had no problems until now, and she seemed fine yesterday. Now she's got a floppy comb, dull eyes, and is listless; I got her to drink some water, but she's not eating.

Corid is known as an antognizer, it fools the intestines into thinking there is cocci in there, and like a flu shot, will help build up immunity.
Personally, I would dose her with Sulfadimethoxine for 5 days.
It is an antibiotic and may take care of these problems.
I can ship some out to you as I know of nowhere you will find these drugs.
One person to get to know is Peter Brown of Firststatevetsupply.com.
He carries both of these drugs in his store.

Hi ...neighbors?
Was browsing the threads and came across this group and a few local references...I'm in Stony Brook...kind of a part-timer with the chicken thing, so learning lots here.
Welcome Biologrady!!! I am in Ridge. It is great here, there is so many great ideas and so much information!!!

yge3e3eq.jpg

su3yzy5e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom