Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hello All, it was great seeing you Pip and Christina. It's always too short.we finally
got home after the 4 hour car ride from hell. Every road between Augusta and East Islip was congested.
it should normally only take about 2. The stop over at Layfayette was a pleasant surprise. Let me rephrase that. After having a nice lunch and shopping we get back to my car to leave... Loretta wants to see the chickens that were in a box in the back. As the door hatch lifted I see both chickens flying around my car. I'm screaming to Lorettta to get out of the way so I can close the door so we aren't chasing chickens around Layfayette. We did get them back in the box but not before they left us sprayed with chicken SHIrT . One of those times I wished I had my Channel number 5 with me. Never a dull one.
sounds lime a great day. Sorry to hear about the chick fiasco. Went to the wool and fiber festival at Hallockville today. Great time came home with more stash. Also had dinner with friends last night and ended up with two large bags of wool freashly sheared from two sheep at my friends stable. Time to learn to spin.

Hello All, it was great seeing you Pip and Christina. It's always too short.we finally
got home after the 4 hour car ride from hell. Every road between Augusta and East Islip was congested.
it should normally only take about 2. The stop over at Layfayette was a pleasant surprise. Let me rephrase that. After having a nice lunch and shopping we get back to my car to leave... Loretta wants to see the chickens that were in a box in the back. As the door hatch lifted I see both chickens flying around my car. I'm screaming to Lorettta to get out of the way so I can close the door so we aren't chasing chickens around Layfayette. We did get them back in the box but not before they left us sprayed with chicken SHIrT . One of those times I wished I had my Channel number 5 with me. Never a dull one.

Oh my goodness, that is a heck of a way to end the day! I hope they didnt make too much of a mess in your car...

Carol,

Will that currant really take just being potted up? Also, can you send me the names of those other two? I want to look them up so i can put them in a good spot! I just love new plants, thank you again!

Iris... Glad you had a nice time at the show. I'll get you Mistis # so she an get you started on spinning. I want to learn on a drop spindle I bought.

Christina, my friend gave me 3black currant "sticks" that I put in the ground and they are doing fine. I also cut offa piece of my currant it is doing fine also.
I don't know what it is with me getting home from that show.
I'll get you the names of those plants.

Campanula punctata 'pink chimes' I also have 'pink octupus' but it's relatively new to my garden so if all goes well I can give you some next year. Check out the photos.
The other is an Asian oregano. I'll find out its exact name. Have gotten lazy with the journal for that garden.

Campanula punctata 'pink chimes' I also have 'pink octupus' but it's relatively new to my garden so if all goes well I can give you some next year. Check out the photos.
The other is an Asian oregano. I'll find out its exact name. Have gotten lazy with the journal for that garden.
I googled the Campanula and Lilly says "oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.". She is now selecting a location for them in the fairy garden.
I can't find anything on the web called asian oregano that looks like this plant....

Introducing the babies to Toast and Jelly. Keeping them out of the run for awhile gave the babies a chance to play in the dirt. Sooo cute!

They look like they are having a good time. Toast and Jelly look like they are giving them a good once over. I am sure they will all be buddies soon.
Introducing the babies to Toast and Jelly. Keeping them out of the run for awhile gave the babies a chance to play in the dirt. Sooo cute!
BTW, I found someone who has ameraucana bantam hatching eggs... just saying.

Last edited:
I just won a dozen olive egger hatching eggs in the photobomb contest! Apparently I was 4th place, but third forfeited their prize. Looks like I will be hatching all summer!! What have I gotten myself into?

Iris... Glad you had a nice time at the show. I'll get you Mistis # so she an get you started on spinning. I want to learn on a drop spindle I bought.

Christina, my friend gave me 3black currant "sticks" that I put in the ground and they are doing fine. I also cut offa piece of my currant it is doing fine also.
I don't know what it is with me getting home from that show.
I'll get you the names of those plants.
Thanks Carol! That would be terrific. I bought a drop spindle a few years ago and still need to learn how to use it. Got three broody hens. Thinking of doing a few chicks. But eggs are not fertilized. My bantam roo is just too small. Lol. Gardens are finally getting back to normal with the new fencing.

Back
Top Bottom