Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Whew. See what happens when you go out for the day? Like 65 posts.

Here are my replies, all condensed.

Karen: I admire your spirit of compromise with your parents. 8 hens is plenty, and it's a beautiful coop. Just remember: Chicken Math is contagious. By eliminating the point of contention with your 'rents, you've opened the door to them becoming obsessed too. Just picture it - side by side Martha coops. With 8 hens each.
big_smile.png

Heather: I actually did LOL when I saw your reply to Caleb. I was scrolling down the pictures thinking, omg, Heather is going to be upset about this. Then your reply came up. Awesome! And I agree about Chipmunk - roo for sure.
sad.png

Donna: I LOVE the chicken nerd tee. I predict you have a big seller there...
yippiechickie.gif

Christine: I was gonna say "Jersey Hen" but then I got mixed up.
hmm.png

To all the Broody Moms: I find it highly suspect that we are all prepared with lies for Caleb to tell his dad. Shame, shame. Did I ever tell you about the book of gym excuses I wrote? Or that I can sign my mom's name better than she can?

And finally, to Caleb: IMHO, I think you should just tell your father that you recognize that you have an obligation to attend services, but that it's just one Sunday and that you really really want to do the run, but you'll abide by his decision, whatever it is. Us old folks respond to honesty.

Whew. See what happens when you go out for the day? Like 65 posts.

Here are my replies, all condensed.

Karen: I admire your spirit of compromise with your parents. 8 hens is plenty, and it's a beautiful coop. Just remember: Chicken Math is contagious. By eliminating the point of contention with your 'rents, you've opened the door to them becoming obsessed too. Just picture it - side by side Martha coops. With 8 hens each.
big_smile.png

Heather: I actually did LOL when I saw your reply to Caleb. I was scrolling down the pictures thinking, omg, Heather is going to be upset about this. Then your reply came up. Awesome! And I agree about Chipmunk - roo for sure.
sad.png

Donna: I LOVE the chicken nerd tee. I predict you have a big seller there...
yippiechickie.gif

Christine: I was gonna say "Jersey Hen" but then I got mixed up.
hmm.png

To all the Broody Moms: I find it highly suspect that we are all prepared with lies for Caleb to tell his dad. Shame, shame. Did I ever tell you about the book of gym excuses I wrote? Or that I can sign my mom's name better than she can?

And finally, to Caleb: IMHO, I think you should just tell your father that you recognize that you have an obligation to attend services, but that it's just one Sunday and that you really really want to do the run, but you'll abide by his decision, whatever it is. Us old folks respond to honesty.
Hey! I resemble that remark!
smile.png

Such a fine group of lovely ladies, and a handsome young lad. I'm really sorry I missed the show. Hoping to be at the next one so I can join in the fun.

What a great group has emerged from this thread. I find it amazing that so many have connected with each other in the short time it's been in existence. I don't think there is a more fun bunch on BYC.

Definetly not a funner group on BYC all =] lol.... I wished I lived in europe... Parents cannot force their children to believe as they do xD lol.....
Europe isn't half as wonderful as the USA. I'm sure your dad has your best interest at heart.

My kids go to 7:30 mass every Sunday. I'm sure they are not thrilled to get up so early, but it's just what we do. they also see all their friends, and it's only 45 minutes. My parents tried to shove religion down my throat, and I found it awful until I grew up and had kids of my own. It's not just the religious aspect-it's a sense of family and community. Since your dad is the Pastor, I can see how you'd have a responsibility to be there, but maybe he will give just this once? Lay it out for him calmly and respectfully.

Good luck! If not, there are loads of races that are held on Saturdays. My husband does the Spartan race in Tuxedo, I only run races, but am considering a triathlon, this October. Look online-on Active.com there are many many races, obstacle courses and ways to hurt yourself in competition that you'd be able to go to!

Europe isn't half as wonderful as the USA. I'm sure your dad has your best interest at heart.

My kids go to 7:30 mass every Sunday. I'm sure they are not thrilled to get up so early, but it's just what we do. they also see all their friends, and it's only 45 minutes. My parents tried to shove religion down my throat, and I found it awful until I grew up and had kids of my own. It's not just the religious aspect-it's a sense of family and community. Since your dad is the Pastor, I can see how you'd have a responsibility to be there, but maybe he will give just this once? Lay it out for him calmly and respectfully.

Good luck! If not, there are loads of races that are held on Saturdays. My husband does the Spartan race in Tuxedo, I only run races, but am considering a triathlon, this October. Look online-on Active.com there are many many races, obstacle courses and ways to hurt yourself in competition that you'd be able to go to!
I second that emotion.

I was raised as a Unitarian, and my family was very active in the church. In college, I converted to Catholicism. My daughter made her Communion, but after that she decided she was not a believer and didn't make her Confirmation. Maybe it was my Unitarian background, but I couldn't force her into my belief system. I'm no longer a practicing Catholic, have become more of a spiritual than religious person. But I have a very strong faith in God (just speaking for myself here) and I'm sorry that my daughter doesn't have that to see her through the tough times.

My point is simply this: Caleb, your dad does have your best interests at heart. Sometimes as parents we wig out a little bit trying to protect our kids in all things (including spiritual). But I agree with Cheeky. If you lay it out calmly and respectfully, he'll hear you. He might not agree, but at least he'll hear you. Good luck!!

And now on to more silly stuff: I am completely loving making these little crocheted chicks. Laura came home and admired the little white one I made. She asked for one in this yarn I got that looked to me like mille fleur. I made one up for her and found out the yarn stinks. I love the learning process! Now I'm working on a little Lavinia - in a great silver blue color. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

I have my last observation lesson at noon today. I'm pumped for it - it's a good lesson. Like it matters, anyway... My fortune cookie at dinner last night said "Whether the labor be big or small, do it well or not at all."

Thanks to you all for making my weekend AWESOME!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom