Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Rich, we just got back a few minutes ago from Stormville. Got there late, around 11. It got sunny and hot and was pretty packed. Got our pickles, though.
Nice job you did on the birds. Besides the sticking feathers, plucking has to be the longest part of the job.

Hey Al, we got there at 8 and finished shortly after you got there. It was definitely getting hot. I saw your pickles there. I never got them. Are they really good?

In non-chicken related bird news, my daughter Jane spotted a Killdeer nest in the beach club parking lot. Can you see the 4 eggs? This has to be the bird with the worst evolutionary instincts.

We had to try to help them out a little bit so we circled the nest with bits of brick. The funny thing is when the female came back to sit on the eggs you could hardly see her. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Suzanne put the eggs in her incubator - other than someone going to jail naturally.

Great find! Glad to hear they are protected from accidentally being run over by a car.

Gladys and Aggie are extremely noisy this morning. Or is it just that my windows are open. My neighbors are going to complain for sure.
rant.gif
My girls were screaming like crazy all day yesterday. I told my husband they were having a BBQ (hamburgers and hot dogs of course).I'm sure my neighbors are going to comment also.I just want to say neighbors is a pain to type....
lol.png

Hi, I saw this on facebook this morning and it appears unfortunately to be true, you can google it. Please have a look and feel free to share, the more people looking, the better!

Thank you for posting this, there are posters up all around here. We saw someone putting them up last night but couldn't pull over to read it. He is so young! I'll print it out.

Hey Al, we got there at 8 and finished shortly after you got there. It was definitely getting hot. I saw your pickles there. I never got them. Are they really good?

Rich, the pickles are great. The best is Gary's Pickles. But we did not see him there this time. All the others are pretty close, though. The half sour are the best.

In non-chicken related bird news, my daughter Jane spotted a Killdeer nest in the beach club parking lot. Can you see the 4 eggs? This has to be the bird with the worst evolutionary instincts.

We had to try to help them out a little bit so we circled the nest with bits of brick. The funny thing is when the female came back to sit on the eggs you could hardly see her. I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if Suzanne put the eggs in her incubator - other than someone going to jail naturally.

Wow, what a find. Even if you are looking for these eggs it has to be by luck that you'd find them. Yeah, they don't look like they have the instinctual wherewithal to survive the parking lot era.

Hi, I saw this on facebook this morning and it appears unfortunately to be true, you can google it. Please have a look and feel free to share, the more people looking, the better!

Thanks for posting this, Donna. As a parent, it give me the chills to read this. I read something yesterday about the Etan Patz disappearance that happened this same weekend thirty three years ago. Let's hope this story has a happy ending.

I also would like to thank everyone past and present that has served are great country. My mom is 86 and volunteers at Castle Point Military Hospital helping  wounded soldiers 3 days a week.  Thanks also to the people that take time out of their lives to help our soldiers. So thank you Magrags for taking them into your home.

x2.

Thank you;

For all those who laid down their life so we, and most of Europe, could be free.

For all who give of their time to return something for the sacrifice others have made.

My chicks are so noisy. They wake me up. I can't wait till they are
old enough to put outside. Chirp chirp coo all night long !
5 days till golden cuckoo and Barnevelder hatch. Ooh and 2 or 3
days till MPC day olds arrive. Wow I'm gonna have like 20+
chicks in my bedroom. Haha. Maybe the old folks will let me
put them in the basement. Even for a chick lover like me that's
a bit many to sleep with. Lmao. I have to take updated pics.
the wheaten Ameracaunas are getting beautiful wing markings.
I'm going to my farm CSA to volunteer today, then later is family
Bar-B-Que and my birthday cake. Have a wonderful memorial day
everyone. :D

Thanks for posting this, Donna. As a parent, it give me the chills to read this. I read something yesterday about the Etan Patz disappearance that happened this same weekend thirty three years ago. Let's hope this story has a happy ending.
I know Al, me too, my son is turning 15. I can't even imagine what his parents are going through right now. I lost my dogs once for a few hours and I went into all out full on panic mode.

He went missing in the Westchester area which I why I thought to post here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom