Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

After seeing those BCM eggs, I want to get one in the spring. But NO HATCHING for me. I will buy me a sexed female or POL pullet.

Bobby wants to get rid of Helen, the Light Sussex hen I hatched in May. She's a good layer, but aggressive with the other hens and with a distinctive egg song that gets on his nerves. Helen was Ben's "girlfriend" and I think she misses him.

I thought about bringing her to Springfield to see if I can sell her. Do you think that will work, CFG?
Yes, a marans egg really makes an impression doesn't it?? Maybe you know who can help you there.LOL

Why....oh why .......do I always have a loud singer as well????? I gave my friend my giant blue cochin hen who was bullish with snow cone....and always making a racket.
Now my big marans "Freedom" squalks to get outta the run when ever she sees me and her egg song goes on forever..............sigh...........

Bring Helen. I have room in my sales cages.
She should sell pretty quickly, as she already lays.
I have a bunch of Marans in the bator that is peeping right now.
I have a friend that recently had an attack, and I was going to give him a bunch.
But I can always hold on to some for my friends, as long as you don't mind them being young. They will start laying in the summer
big_smile.png

Morning all,
Donna I love the Arbor.i still haven't decided where to start my seeds.i love the chairs. I have 4 green ones that my neighbor gave me before she retired to Indiana.
How many of us are going to the show and what days?
I am coming up early Sat. Morning and leaving Sunday.
We should plan to get together for dinner.
Donna I liked the nondestressed one with just the baby curl.how few do you have to make? Could you bring both designs? Peep and SHIrT.

I will be there Friday afternoon, and staying till the end. (Sunday afternoon?)
There are a bunch of drunken fools LOL that want me to meet them at the bar at the host hotel on Saturday night.
But I will need to eat before that fiasco
sickbyc.gif

There were a lot of nice places to eat, but all were pretty busy, from what I remember last year...

Hi, I am going both days. We are staying Friday and Saturday night at the Sheraton. I will have my family with me trying to help sell some tees.

I redesigned my tee shirt shop a little, what do you all think?

http://goldenegg.spreadshirt.com

I like the new layout. It is much easier to find what you need with the design tab. The peep show tote is pretty cool (I am not a tote person, but that one is tempting me). I think the CHICKEN SHIrT items will be great impulse buys. I say that having 3 of them. I still like the distressed peep show (better without the comb). I was seeing it in my mind as distressed black chick on a vintage looking heathered charcoal shirt. Not sure though.

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Hi Everyone, really need some advice from all of my chicken friends out there. FYI, I may or may not follow it
big_smile.png
but I'd still like to know your thoughts.

I am considering taking on the cost of actually printing tees for the Northeast Poultry show. I have many tee designs on my store but figure a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, so to speak. (Actually, that would make a cute tee for another time - I have so many ideas, it's crazy!) I will also bring my laptop and hope to have it up and running so people can see ideas that I will still have for sale on my store.

Anyway, trying to come up with one tee design that might sell at a show like this is next to impossible but I am trying. Since this is a chicken show, I came up with "The Peep Show" with a cute peep (chick) opening it's wings. Nothing dirty (though I did have loads of those ideas and eventually they will go up on my site if the people at spreadshirt let me).

Roberta, I considered your idea for just doing a tee that says The Northeast Poultry Congress but I' don't think I have the time it will take to pull that off. I would have to coordinate things too much with the people who run the show and if I did it by myself, I wouldn't want to get stuck with inventory that I couldn't sell anywhere else.

What do you all think of this design, it needs feet and some work on the wings and colors but this is the general look.

Thoughts? THX in advance for your time! Trying to earn a living at what I love to do and I have to say that these last few years in my industry have been really hard.
As long as you're asking... IMHO, this cute little black bird that you've got here is not chickeny-enough in looks. Seems to me to be a generic black bird; (it's absolutely cheery and adorable). It could be a bird of any ole species, but don't no how, no way, make me think chicken. Head's too round, beak's too curved. And black doesn't do it for me either. Needs to be a soft yellow, or buff, or cream or somethin' soft. If I keep chickens, and was wandering through a show, I'd jump at a teeshirt that had a chicken, or had a few chickens, on it. Specially a Mother Hen and some young chicks. That's what would grab me and make me want to buy it. Maybe a buff Mama with a red comb and yellow fluffy babies sans comb.
(I know that that's a whole heap of work to make, and there's not enough time for you to even consider it for the upcoming show, but maybe for some future project?) Anyway, it's just my suggestions, 'cause you asked for imput.
-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, thanks for the input. My hubby thought the same thing, it didn't look chickeny enough. I'm going to put it up on my site though anyway because I really like it. Maybe in the future, I'll revisit the design of the chick but not right now - too much to do!
tongue.png

Soooo, I'm back to my original CHICKEN SHIrT idea, trying to add a chicken to that design.

Jersey hen, I'll put up a distressed version of the peep show on a color tee soon. THX for checking out my new site, it's much cleaner AND has my new favorite identity/avatar! I have one like it on twitter minus the chick. Anyone else on twitter? You can follow me here… https://twitter.com/donnadesousa or just to check out my profile page. I drew a hummingbird and a trumpet vine for it.

I will be there Friday afternoon, and staying till the end. (Sunday afternoon?)
There are a bunch of drunken fools LOL that want me to meet them at the bar at the host hotel on Saturday night.
But I will need to eat before that fiasco :sick
There were a lot of nice places to eat, but all were pretty busy, from what I remember last year...

A bunch of drunk chicken fools sounds good to me, even if I don't drink much anymore.
I'm staying at the host hotel also.maybe we should get a reservation at some place early. We could always cancel.
Loretta is coming with me. The room has 2 queen size beds if anyone wants to crash it.
I'm getting excited.

Back
Top Bottom