Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I went to Costco the other day and they have this beautiful cedar play house. All I could see was a chicken coop. It was 279.00 if you covered the windows with plexyglass. It would be perfect.
Do you see why I get myself into trouble?
Dragged out my sewing machine .its a new year and I am determined.christine I wish we lived closer ' cause I'd love to teach your daughter how to sew.
I just saw the same play house today but I was concerned about it being made of cedar. Would it need to be painted?

Oohhh.....now I really can't wait to get back ome to check out the play house.
tongue.png
Costco:My cedar playhouse $279.99 model:37013 item #913371

I need a high mucky muck to start a complaint with the post office.
There's a guy that they know about, but refuse to do anything.
He works at the Bethpage depot
Shakes the crap out of any boxes that are labeled eggs. 
Our hatch rates suck because of this guy, and I want him hurt. BAD.
I just lost $92. on my last endeavor. All the air cells are scrambled.
This has been going on for years, and it needs to stop.

I'll mention it to my sister and see if she can talk to someone.
What's his name? I have no problem naming names.

Thanks for the warm welcome! do you know if anything will be available in March or April, because that is when i would like to have them.

Thanks for the warm welcome! do you know if anything will be available in March or April, because that is when i would like to have them.
I am ordering from myer in pa for a delivery in april if you want to add chicks onto the order. I know you are looking for hens, but I thought I would offer. Just pm me if you are interested.

Last edited:
I don't have a name.
If I did, I would have already killed him in his driveway.
I know A LOT of people with bad hatches around here.
There is no reason for it.
I have friends ship eggs to Alaska, better hatch rates that the ones that go 50 miles thru Bethpage.

Hi everyone,
My name is Daniella, I live in lower Westchester county and i was looking to get three hens. are any of you selling or do you know of anywhere i can get them somewhere not too far from here? preferpably i would like Java, Sussex, Silkie Bantam, Langshan, or Easter Egger breeds. I would also like started pullets that will lay eggs pretty soon or have already begun to do so. I will need them around April.
Let me know!
-Daniella
Hi Daniella I don't know how far you want to travel but I have silkies all the time. We are on Long Island or go to buy/sell/trade & look up AHAPPYCHICK and see if she has any thing. She is in Westchester

What a blankety, blank, blank! I ordered fertile eggs awhile back on ebay, they never hatched, try as Mrs. Cuddlesworth might. It was heartbreaking for both of us. It was in the middle of the winter so I wrote it off as that.

Hmm, wonder if that blank hole had his hands on my eggs too?

Donna, I've been spreading the word about your shop over on FaceBook. I hope that you see sales increase soon. I'm glad to see that you connected with the Chicken Chick. I was just thinking that your series of silkie designs and phrases would be adorable as a set of notecards. I don't know where you could get them printed...but I think it would go over well with all the silkie lovers. You could sell them over on Etsy...

Had a birthday party for my Bichon yesterday.
e2ajete5.jpg

Can't wait to have a first Birthday for the girls this spring
smile.png

So cute!

I need a high mucky muck to start a complaint with the post office.
There's a guy that they know about, but refuse to do anything.
He works at the Bethpage depot
Shakes the crap out of any boxes that are labeled eggs.
Our hatch rates suck because of this guy, and I want him hurt. BAD.
I just lost $92. on my last endeavor. All the air cells are scrambled.
This has been going on for years, and it needs to stop.

We had our first hatch due on Friday...nothing is happening...no pips...no movement...no sounds. I have gotten lots of conflicting advice over on FaceBook. One person tells me to do something, then someone else jumps on and says OMG don't do that!!!

I foolishly spent $85 on special eggs for this first hatch. They are a variety of smooth and frizzled WC Polish in blue, black, chocolate and cuckoo. I was hoping to hear the sounds of little chicks by now. I'm worried and don't think we are getting any babies. I'm giving them till tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom