Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Thanks all for the info for PDZ. I did find it at Bennies Feed. I plan to do poop trays with the PDZ in it and be able to scoop out the poop.

Last night was the first night home with my girls, I felt like a nervous new parent. I got 1 buff orpington, 1 Maran, 1 Liver lace wyandote, and 1 easter egger. They are so cute.

I was wondering if I should close up the nest box so they dont sleep in it? they are 6-8 weeks old, so we have a while before they are laying. It seemed like they were in it a lot last night based on the poop! Where they were living they had lots of little dark hiding spots in there coop, maybe I should provide them something just like a board leaning ont eh wall to create a little "cave"??

Happy 4th to everyone and their Bawk-ettes!
D.gif

Me again, jumping in for a piece of advice.

My friend's dog cornered a young wild turkey poult and she brought it to my house. I admit: I've fallen in love.
BUT I don't know IF I can keep it or if it would be feasible for me to keep it.
I know wild birds can carry parasites and illnesses so I am keeping it separated from my flock of young Ameraucanas but I'm still curious.

I called the wildlife conservatory in East Quogue and they didn't seem too concerned since the little guy appears to be in good health.

I just don't know. He seems so helpless and sweet!

It is actually illegal to keep wild turkeys unless you have a permit. Yeah more crap to worry about. They really are sweet when they are babies

I didn't post this here so I'll take a shot at it.
I have a bird with a rare bone cancer that needs to be transported to the university of Georgia.
I do not trust the USPS and it really is too hot to ship right now.
Does anyone know if there is someone making a trip like this? She needs to arrive alive.

I didn't post this here so I'll take a shot at it.
I have a bird with a rare bone cancer that needs to be transported to the university of Georgia.
I do not trust the USPS and it really is too hot to ship right now.
Does anyone know if there is someone making a trip like this? She needs to arrive alive.[/quote

Sorry I can't help with that transport .who are you sending the bird to and for what type of treatment ?

It comes in either powder or granules, used to absorb odors and moisture.
Hey Rosie, I have some Marans eggs if you didn't come up with anything. If you did, you can chuck them under her as well just to see what happens...
Well, 3 hatched, so we have 3 little australorps peeping around the coop. Along with Soprano and Montana, the poults, (who Lovey decided were NOT her babies,) so they're inside with us, and come camping. They're going to Montauk for the week tomorrow.
gig.gif
They're so cuddly, even Danny likes them. (and he likes nothing-or admits to nothing, but we can tell he likes them)

This past week in Indian Island was really very nice-we swam, even in the rain, and the kids rode bikes and had a good time.

Today, this.....

Became this....

Tomorrow ill fix up the oops paint spots and touch up the the white. Finally put the runs roof on and put more hardware cloth on the bottom and the chickens will be ready to roll. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom