Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hi everyone!!! I have not posted in ages, but wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday season in case I don't get back in here again before. Some of you know I have been having some health issues that have been causing significant disruption in my life. I spent yesterday at the ER getting an MRI to rule out a stroke and on Monday I have a surgical consult at Presbyterian in NYC. It is possible that they will be doing surgery on my carotid this week. Actually, I think it would be nice to just get it over with so I can go back to my life... keep your fingers crossed that it is a stent placement and not a bypass... 

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed and you keep your chin up you'll do great!

Just went outside to check on the girls and give them some wax worms .found my little spitzenhauben dead in the coop. Perfectly fine yesterday. Hadn't realized she wasn't out since it was dark when I opened the run. She was a cutie pie. What a drag.

Oh no! I'm so sorry.

My first winter and based on everything I've read, I will not be heating my coop. I've thought about the 60w light on a timer for a little warmth and to lengthen their day but haven't decided yet.
The flock has shifted. Little Vinny is a pimp with his harem of big girls while tiny little Mona Lisa is chased and pecked by everyone else. They torment her to the point that she won't even go in the coop. She had been roosting in
My rose bush and I took pity and brought her into the house. Now she's a permanent evening resident in my son's room. We made a little "coop" and she watches the kids play video games from her perch. It's the sweetest thing ever.
I thought my husband would flip his lid but I guess he's been with me long enough to not question my motives.

Anyway, I thought this would be a great place to throw it out there: I'm looking for another bowler (preferably 2) for my Tues night mix-up league team. Every Tues night at 6:30 at Coram Lanes on the corner of 25 and 83. We have a blast and win money. I'm very much a beginner so my handicap is still high, which is great for standings. Let me know if youre interested! Age and skill level totally unimportant as this is a fun league and really focus on having a great time.
New season starts tomorrow night!

Hi everyone!!! I have not posted in ages, but wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy holiday season in case I don't get back in here again before. Some of you know I have been having some health issues that have been causing significant disruption in my life. I spent yesterday at the ER getting an MRI to rule out a stroke and on Monday I have a surgical consult at Presbyterian in NYC. It is possible that they will be doing surgery on my carotid this week. Actually, I think it would be nice to just get it over with so I can go back to my life... keep your fingers crossed that it is a stent placement and not a bypass... 

I haven't been on in a long time myself, dealing with pneumonia and meningitis. Sending you best wishes and warm hugs! Will say a prayer for you.:hugs

I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on BYC. I think we are a "good bunch of eggs" here!

I have 3 egg laying hens that we have decided to part with. Last week we had a predator attack and these ladies lost their buddies. Rather than try to intergrate them into a coop with our little silkies, we are going to rehome them. I have someone at church who is interested, but if his wife says no...would anyone here be interested? The ladies are about 1.5 years old and healthy (2 Gold Laced Wyandottes and 1 EE). Please PM if interested.

A quick mention that I started an educationally based FB group for Silke lovers. All BYC friends are welcome to participate! Lots of chicken healthcare and related discussions. Https://www.facebook.com/groups/441962739254920/

I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on BYC. I think we are a "good bunch of eggs" here!

I have 3 egg laying hens that we have decided to part with. Last week we had a predator attack and these ladies lost their buddies. Rather than try to intergrate them into a coop with our little silkies, we are going to rehome them. I have someone at church who is interested, but if his wife says no...would anyone here be interested? The ladies are about 1.5 years old and healthy (2 Gold Laced Wyandottes and 1 EE). Please PM if interested.

A quick mention that I started an educationally based FB group for Silke lovers. All BYC friends are welcome to participate! Lots of chicken healthcare and related discussions. Https://www.facebook.com/groups/441962739254920/
Hi, I might know someone who would want the three hens, I sent her a link to this thread.

I would love the hens! My son has Down syndrome and he has three already. It is his responsibility to retrieve the eggs daily and he helps with feeding them. It is a great source if exercise for him too, he chases them all over the place. He carries them around and talks to them all the time. I line on LI and. We have an acre. Please call my cell at 740-360-2650! Thank so much. I am also the friend that donna d. Said might be interested.

I would love the hens!!!!! I have three already. We live on LI and we have an acre. My son has Down syndrome and they are his chickens. It is his responsibility to collect thx eggs znd help feed them. They are a great source of exercise for him too, as he chases then around all the time. He carries them around and talks to them too lol. Please call my cell at 7408166450. Also, I am the friend that Donna d. Mentioned.

Hi everyone! Got some good news yesterday. They redid my carotid doppler and it looks like the medications are actually reducing the stenosis (this also confirms that my condition is inflammatory autoimmune vasculitis of some type which is a bit of a bummer since it is a rare and lifelong thing, but at least I know what it is now), so we can stay the course without surgery for now. Phew. Now I just have to survive the massive doses of prednisone for the next several months. Thanks for all the good vibes, offers of help, and support!

Back
Top Bottom