Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Does tractor supply carry organic feed?

My little Russian Orloff died. This really sucks.

Rosie, the guy wanting the chicks hasn't gotten back to me. Thanks anyway.

Beautiful girls heather.
I'm sorry about your little russian girl. Losing a chickie is never easy.

You're welcome, about the chick, if you know anyone who is looking for a really sweet chick or two (or 3...) let me know.

Does tractor supply carry organic feed?
I'm so sorry! You have really had a bad run of luck.
1f613.png
I hope spring arrives soon; we could all use some good vibes.

My little Russian Orloff died. This really sucks.

Rosie, the guy wanting the chicks hasn't gotten back to me. Thanks anyway.

Beautiful girls heather.

Carol, I am so sorry to hear about your Orloff. Does it look like anything particular or just the cold did a number on her? 

Tractor supply does sometimes have organic feed. If you buy 20 bags (1/2 ton), they will give you 5% off as well. At least the TSC in Sussex does. I was talking to them today about it. 

She didn't have any respiratory or neurological signs. She was eating and drinking one day and not the next. All my other girls are fine. I really should have posted her but it's too hard in this cold.

Hi peeps.
Everything is ok here. All my girls have survived the crazy cold winter so far. I'm still sulking that I can't get new baby chicks this spring. It looks like Im going to be moving, when depends on how long it takes to sell the house. Unfortunately it's not to upstate NY or North Carolina like I wanted. It's to Florida :-(
I'm not exactly a sunny hot weather beach person but my parents are sick of the cold.We have family in Cape Coral, and more family moving there soon. So we are looking for a place in Lee county. My cousin had a small farm in lee county so we are looking for something like they had. At least I will be able to get a rooster. Now I gotta find someplace to buy SPF 100 by the 50 gal drum, ohh and bug spray. Gosh I hate bugs.

Fishon, did you ever get your chicks? I noticed on another thread that you also keep bees. That is fantastic I am very jealous .while at Cornell I was able to take a course on beekeeping. It was taught by Dr. Roger Morse the king of bees at the time. While taking a coffee break one day a swarm of bees decided to set down in the crabapple tree i was sitting under. I ran in to tell my supervisor that I was running down campus to get a box from Dr. Morse. She told me to get back to work and then proceeded to go home and get one. She was a miserable person. One day I'll move off Long Island and have a few hives of my own.

Warm, warm,warm today folks.

Hi Queen, I still haven't found anybody to split some chicks with me. I did have one offer but the distance between us was a bit far for me to travel. I am still looking for 2 chicks if anybody has any? As far as keeping bees, I have been doing it for about 5 years now and it is sort of like keeping chickens, I only wanted 2 hives but know I have 5 and probably more will come to me this spring!!
Chris

GOOD Morning Everybody
frow.gif

Took a mental health day (although one's not gonna be enough). I planned to clean the coops but it's too cold so I cleaned the house instead. Maybe the chicken gunk will defrost tomorrow.

Thinking about accidentally driving over to TSC to get some chicks. Has anyone been there this week? What breeds do they have?

Back
Top Bottom