Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Christina, are you going to put apple trees in this year? Lorreta and her husband we sent Mountain Rose apples from Oregon.they are red fleshed apples. Besides being beautiful they taste amazing. By the time I tried to get some shipped to me the places I checked we're all sold out for the season.if I talked about this before just remember I'm a bottled blonde.....

I have not had luck with apples... I would give them a try though (i have 2 apples at the moment). I am going to put in 2apricots, another nectarine, another asian pear, 2 pawpaws (if i can get them), and maybe a perissimon.

I have not gotten fruit from any of my trees yet, but this is year 3 for them and i should see something this season. I have to spray with oil soon to prevent the weevil larvae.

I got my potatoes and onions too. I put them in a cold, dark, closet for now. Seems to be keeping them dormant for now.

Last edited:

Trying to introduce our new friend to the bunch... She's been in quarantine in the house for a month.

Oh, forgot to mention. I got my 10% coupon for TSC and we can get a 5% discount on purchases of 20 bags (any combination of feeds) or more (1/2 ton). Anyone want to get feed with me? 

I only buy one bag at a time for lack of storage, although it would give us a reason to get together....
I just got my potatoes from Burpee the other day. I am going to try the bag for a couple. I got an incredible harvest from the potatoes last year so we'll see.

OK so next week is peas and Swiss Chard , although it was already suppose to be in. Everything is going to be late getting in then we will shoot to 80 degrees and that won't be good for them either. Look at me complaining about 80 drgrees....

Back
Top Bottom