Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Christine,
Robin Errico posted on the Sussex FB page she is looking for Sumatra chicks.
I tagged you but figured I'd post it here.

Life is crazy and I never answer your PMs. I suck.
See you tomorrow.
Who else is coming?

Christine,
Robin Errico posted on the Sussex FB page she is looking for Sumatra chicks.
I tagged you but figured I'd post it here.

Life is crazy and I never answer your PMs. I suck.
See you tomorrow.
Who else is coming?
I don't have any sumatras... just cream legbars right now. Anyone want any hatching eggs (I have almost 2 dozen collected this week)? Or CCL chicks? I have a dozen or so about to hatch tomorrow and another couple dozen in a few weeks. Roberta, can I get some marans eggs from you? I think it is time to add a few. Pip is looking for a mix of banty hatching eggs for a broodie. Know of anyone that may have some she can break her broody with (I think it is a banty broody, so no more than 6 eggs or so)?

I'm already in bed, getting up at 4 to leave. I have a bunch of Marans eggs in the basket that I haven't rinsed. If I remember I'll bring them for you. I just set all the Silkie eggs but I can mail some to her. Getting mostly Showgirls if they don't scare her too much!

Oh My Goodness!!! We had a button quail hatch (early, since it is supposed to be for tomorrow/Friday). They are the teeniest little things you ever saw. Their head is about the size of a pea. Their entire body can fit on a nickel. My DD is over the moon. They will certainly be easier to care for than a large fowl chicken... lol. There are 40 button quail eggs in there... the breeder assured me an assortment of colors, assuming some more hatch. What an adorable little distraction. I will try to get some pics after they finish and I open up the incubator. 
Did you buy the quail hatching eggs locally? Very adorable!

I have 3 orphaned ducklings I am caring for. I'm looking for a good home for them. They are very imprinted on one another, so I don't want to seperate them. But they don't mind being handled as long as you have them all out together. They are 10 days old. Please pass the word around and pm me if you'd like my phone number. I'll deliver them with a bag of food & supplements. Thank you. These guys lost their mom and I'd like them to have a chance at a nice life! :)

Last edited:
I miss you guys! I hope everyone is having a great year so far. What is everyone up to? Have your garden in? I am still working on the other half of mine... probably won't have enough season to get everything ripe in there, but I am going for it anyway. I have been harvesting strawberries, asparagus, leeks, and kale for a few weeks now. The early produce is the best.

I had a bear get into my grow out pen and eat a bunch of my young birds. That beast has to go. He has been back everyday since.

I miss you guys! I hope everyone is having a great year so far. What is everyone up to? Have your garden in? I am still working on the other half of mine...
I had a bear get into my grow out pen and eat a bunch of my young birds. That beast has to go. He has been back everyday since. 

Sorry to hear about your bear and the loss of your young birds Christina. I hope you were able to relocate him?
I've been planting, weeding and unpacking boxes. Finally the workmen are finished. We still have the "punch list" but just the driveway left to do and fix up some landscaping. Hence the planting. My veggie garden is in but much reduced this year. Basically tomatoes, Swiss chard, cucumber, beans, zucchini, peppers hot and sweet. Some potatoes that I didn't find last year and I just put in rows - hope it works! And lots of herbs, basil in particular. My fig tree died down to the ground even though we wrapped it really well. It is sending up new shoots but I doubt if I will get any fruit this year unless we have a loooong Indian summer. I have a Brussel sprout left from last year so the chickens had some greens and it is flowering -I wonder if I will get viable seeds. Who knows, we'll see.
Richie and I are going to Italy for two weeks. I drove him to the airport this afternoon but my niece is getting married on Saturday and so I'm leaving on Sunday evening. The first part of the trip is business anyway.
Hope all is well with you and you are feeling better.
How can I contact that fellow you know who had favorelle eggs for sale? My two little Seramas are still brooding.

Back
Top Bottom