Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Quote:
I have had symptoms that are varying in that I get arthritic type pain that comes and goes, hands are tight when waking and then sometimes throughout the day. Had a lot of trigger finger recently, and last night my ring finger locked closed until I was able to pry it open this morning. The symptoms are kind of like fibromyalgia, but it is pretty rare in men. All of this on top of the double vision, which is new. We'll see what the rheumatologist says today.

Quote:
Oh yeah.

Anyway, here's my beautiful Wanda showing off her BR feathers. So glad she got rid of that fluff on top of her head. She looked so silly! Like a little old man.
old.gif

105540_br_feathers.jpg

Quote:
I totally agree with Roberta on that!

I learned the importance of being proactive with doctors when I was diagnosed with a heart defect at age 35. The cardiologist called with the results of a holter monitor at 8:30 pm on a Friday. I knew something was up! He told me that the medication of my (now ex-)internist could have killed me if I had started taking it. My heart rate was down to 16 beats per minute and the internist had given me an rx to slow it down before he did any tests. The cardiologist told me I needed a pacemaker immediately. What really scared me was that I couldn't remember the cardiologist's name after that phone call! All I could remember was the word "pacemaker". That's why I brought my mother with me to see him on that Monday. I figured one of us would remember everything!

I'm lucky now to have a group of regular doctors who LISTEN. I've kind of weeded out the ones who don't. And while the internet can have some scary information, it always gives me questions to ask. Webmd is one of my "go-to" sites.

Wow, you had a close call there. Proactive is the name of the game. Doctors, like the rest of us, are not perfect and can always be second guessed. A big reason to always get second and even third opinions. Glad you got the right doctors and are doing well now.

The internet is one of the scariest places to get information. In the case of my wife's cancer, it basically had her dead and buried and not to be hopeful at all. Because it was such a rare cancer, most of the info was outdated. It almost made me stop looking.

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of the internet. It's the curse of society. But sometimes it's good. I, personally would rather live without it.

Quote:
It becomes and addiction and you wonder how you lived without it. It can create more problems than it is worth, on occasion.

Quote:
I totally agree with Roberta on that!

I learned the importance of being proactive with doctors when I was diagnosed with a heart defect at age 35. The cardiologist called with the results of a holter monitor at 8:30 pm on a Friday. I knew something was up! He told me that the medication of my (now ex-)internist could have killed me if I had started taking it. My heart rate was down to 16 beats per minute and the internist had given me an rx to slow it down before he did any tests. The cardiologist told me I needed a pacemaker immediately. What really scared me was that I couldn't remember the cardiologist's name after that phone call! All I could remember was the word "pacemaker". That's why I brought my mother with me to see him on that Monday. I figured one of us would remember everything!

I'm lucky now to have a group of regular doctors who LISTEN. I've kind of weeded out the ones who don't. And while the internet can have some scary information, it always gives me questions to ask. Webmd is one of my "go-to" sites.

Wow, you had a close call there. Proactive is the name of the game. Doctors, like the rest of us, are not perfect and can always be second guessed. A big reason to always get second and even third opinions. Glad you got the right doctors and are doing well now.

The internet is one of the scariest places to get information. In the case of my wife's cancer, it basically had her dead and buried and not to be hopeful at all. Because it was such a rare cancer, most of the info was outdated. It almost made me stop looking.

Thank God for the internet! I research the heck out of everything because nowadays you have to be your own health care advocate. Doctors are just to busy with to many patients and insurance limits them to certain tests etc.

Lets not forget also that doctors are only "practicing" medicine, they don't quite have it down to a science yet
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom