Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

I switched to a red bulb and now they sleep through the night. Aren't they sweet?

We're in full-out fencing mode. We went to HD to pick up supplies to construct a temporary fence to keep the girls off the lawn while still allowing them to free range around the patio area. Mostly because we found a carpenter ant in bed with us this morning! I'm going to have to fence off the newly landscaped area as well, but they need some freedom and we need some pest control.

Cleaned out the coop this morning and then HD. They were staging the Memorial Day parade in the HD parking lot, so we left the car and found a nice shady spot to sit on a retaining wall and watch the parade from the very beginning. The only problem? Laura was at the END of the parade manning the flag arch, so we missed her. But here is her handsome boyfriend, Mike, at the beginning salute to the veterans:

So proud of them both for the service they render to our community. Laura actually rescued a cat out of a tree last week!
You have a lot to be proud of!

I switched to a red bulb and now they sleep through the night. Aren't they sweet? We're in full-out fencing mode. We went to HD to pick up supplies to construct a temporary fence to keep the girls off the lawn while still allowing them to free range around the patio area. Mostly because we found a carpenter ant in bed with us this morning! I'm going to have to fence off the newly landscaped area as well, but they need some freedom and we need some pest control. Cleaned out the coop this morning and then HD. They were staging the Memorial Day parade in the HD parking lot, so we left the car and found a nice shady spot to sit on a retaining wall and watch the parade from the very beginning. The only problem? Laura was at the END of the parade manning the flag arch, so we missed her. But here is her handsome boyfriend, Mike, at the beginning salute to the veterans: So proud of them both for the service they render to our community. Laura actually rescued a cat out of a tree last week!
Cute chicks! And a handsome maybe future son-in-law.

that is so exciting! I wish I had a chicken keeping neighbor!
They (WE) may be closer than you think!
wink.png

They (WE) may be closer than you think!
wink.png
Any Long Islanders interested in a chicken-keeper get together? I think I've counted 5 of us here on this thread....and Queens and Staten Island can join in too of course, that might not be too far to drive on a weeknight.

I can quilt but I don't right now. I wouldn't mind quilting and talking at a Starbucks one night........

Any Long Islanders interested in a chicken-keeper get together? I think I've counted 5 of us here on this thread....and Queens and Staten Island can join in too of course, that might not be too far to drive on a weeknight.

I can quilt but I don't right now. I wouldn't mind quilting and talking at a Starbucks one night........

Jocelyn, if you told us where you are located, I forgot. (I forget a lot of stuff.)

I just remembered. There's a small feed store close to the unemployment office in Hauppauge. Hmmmm. Guess where I'll be spending my summer?

I spent the afternoon cleaning up the yard, then hung out with the girls for awhile. I sat in the doorway to the coop and they came over and clucked at me. I love those girls!

I'm gonna wear my new "My name is Suzanne..." t-shirt to my AA meeting tonight! They'll get a kick out of that.
gig.gif

P.S. Who's gonna teach me how to quilt??

This is the table runner That I want to do by next Easter. Don't laugh with all my projects I'll be lucky to get it done.

I am no quilter and my sewing skills are limited to replacing buttons and fast basting hems but - what about a group quilt project? Maybe this is even one to take off our little backwater thread here. Everyone could make a square and then contribute it all together to make a bigger blanket. Then the blanket could be auctioned off or donated. Just a thought. 

Here's to a rain free Monday - enjoy the local parades and hug a chicken and a vet!
[/quote

Great idea! Count me in to contribute a square if you do this. I hadn't
quilted years, but recently dusted off my machine to start making lap
quilts for my church (for Haiti). I'll start keeping my eyes open for chicken fabrics.

I'm in Williamsburg,VA at the moment, for a vacation w/my hubby. I stopped
by the Claire Murray store in Yorktown today and saw beautiful rooster
Hook rug, needlepoint and cross stitch patterns. Very pretty!

The tall ships are coming this weekend to VA and I'm looking forward to
seeing them!

Back
Top Bottom