Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Maggie, I would give her the eggs in the bator to make the men happy.
They will steal, share, and brood together.
And share the babies after they hatch.
Good luck!
Will they? Oh I would lve to think so. I just don't know how 17 eggs would fit under 2 hens? I have 8 under blue right now and 9 in the bator. I kmow snow cone can sit 6 but can blue take another 3 ya think?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Is Snow cone stealing Blues eggs right now?
Are they sitting right next to each other?

And after a week or 10 days, you can candle them, and chuck the bad ones.
But if I'm counting on bad ones, they will ALL be good!

Last edited:
WOW!
ep.gif
close call last night in the hen house. I sat Down around 7:30 pm to watch the pregame for the Stanley Cup Finals and totally forgot to lock the girls coop up. Well it was around 11:15 and I hear the girls making blood curdling screams. I run out with nothing but sneakers and a baseball bat to see what is happening. As I get to their coop I see 2 of the girls running around the run in total panic and feathers all over the run. I thought for sure I lost some birds but after a head count, they all were there. I never saw the perp but my guess is a raccoon. I guess its time to install the electric fence on this run like I had done on the old run.

WOW!
ep.gif
close call last night in the hen house. I sat Down around 7:30 pm to watch the pregame for the Stanley Cup Finals and totally forgot to lock the girls coop up. Well it was around 11:15 and I hear the girls making blood curdling screams. I run out with nothing but sneakers and a baseball bat to see what is happening. As I get to their coop I see 2 of the girls running around the run in total panic and feathers all over the run. I thought for sure I lost some birds but after a head count, they all were there. I never saw the perp but my guess is a raccoon. I guess its time to install the electric fence on this run like I had done on the old run.
Oh I'm so glad you didn't lose any!!! That was a close call.
ep.gif

Hmmm. Is Snow cone stealing Blues eggs right now?
Are they sitting right next to each other?

And after a week or 10 days, you can candle them, and chuck the bad ones.
But if I'm counting on bad ones, they will ALL be good!
This is the first time snow jumped onto those eggs. now they are laying right next to eachother.
Blue has every day stolen snows and pearls infertile eggs and tucked them umder hersef and sat on them. I remove them each morning when she comes off the nest. I think tomorrow morning I will move some bator eggs into another corner of the coop and see if snow goes and sits on them rather than on blues. phew......

Back
Top Bottom